rear tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear tailgate

When car is left at some point tailgate window goes down on its own this had happend two or three times but now will not go up or down using inside switch or key any ideas many thanks

Ive heard of this before so no doubt someone will give you info soon.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

You've probably got a 'short' on the key switch in the tailgate due to water (rain) ingress.
      Or there could be a component malfunction on the circuit board.
      I would check the keyswitch first though as it's most likely that.

Comment

thank you i will do that

Comment

rear tailgate window going down on its own

have not been able to use the rear tailgate window for about a day so have taken the back cover off to try the ideas i was given. i touched the black part of the motor and this is so hot i can barely touch it, so i gather this could be the problem what do you think

Comment

just need to add window stuck down can get to key area so this could be telling the window to stay down and still think its running

Comment

sorry meant u cant get to the key area

Comment

If the window is down, remove the carpet and metal panel and un-plug the connector on the motor wiring.
                Then you can either un-bolt the window mechanism from the tailgate and manipulate it out and on to a bench for diagnosis/cleaning, or you can remove the motor from the regulator/mechanism, but first you must insert a nail or drill bit or similar into the spring where the two toothed quadrants meet to prevent the spring trying to move the glass assembly.

Some more info/photos here...........http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...machine+screws

Comment

cheers will try that

Comment

Working...
                  X