yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear window heater element failed (not the electrical feed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window heater element failed (not the electrical feed)

Well I assumed (falsely) that the demister was not working because a lead had fallen off. It turns out that the demister is open circuit. You can actually see this on the elements. I originally thought this was something to do with the tinting.
    The vehicle has a 30 day dealer warranty. Is the glass difficult to replace? How much does one of these windows cost, new and 2nd hand.
    Thank you
    Mark..

Originally posted by papacroft
    Well I assumed (falsely) that the demister was not working because a lead had fallen off. It turns out that the demister is open circuit. You can actually see this on the elements. I originally thought this was something to do with the tinting.
    The vehicle has a 30 day dealer warranty. Is the glass difficult to replace? How much does one of these windows cost, new and 2nd hand.
    Thank you
    Mark..
    get dealer to sort it out mate. WARRANTY & all that
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

You can also buy repair paint for heated windows from you local car spares shop for about £6-7. I suspect this is all the dealer will do if you return it.

Gary

Comment

Dealer Warranty

I've never known a dealer give a warranty that covers anything else other than the engine and drive train. Certainly not windows - it seems to me that if it doesn't stop the car moving - dealers aren't interested.

If you do get the dealer to fix a fault like this, please let me know where he is. I'll buy all my future cars from him!!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by robnw67
          I've never known a dealer give a warranty that covers anything else other than the engine and drive train. Certainly not windows - it seems to me that if it doesn't stop the car moving - dealers aren't interested.

If you do get the dealer to fix a fault like this, please let me know where he is. I'll buy all my future cars from him!!

Rob
          FREEPORT MOTORS sorted my windows out with no problems
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Working...
          X