Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Where is my oil pressure sensor??

Hello All,

I think I have a dodgy connection somewhere possibly on the oil pressure sensor. My indicator on the dash filcks up and down randomly then sometimes stays off for a while. It's had the sensor changed once so I'm convinced it's nothing serious and I'm not oozing oil out every where. I want to check the connection to the sensor in the engine bay but don't know where to start looking (there's a lot of wires and sensors in here) - can someone point me in the right direction as to where it is??

Cheers
    Russ

Originally posted by rtgibson
    Hello All,

I think I have a dodgy connection somewhere possibly on the oil pressure sensor. My indicator on the dash filcks up and down randomly then sometimes stays off for a while. It's had the sensor changed once so I'm convinced it's nothing serious and I'm not oozing oil out every where. I want to check the connection to the sensor in the engine bay but don't know where to start looking (there's a lot of wires and sensors in here) - can someone point me in the right direction as to where it is??

Cheers
    Russ
    on way according to my book the sender unit is next to oil filter m8

hope that helps
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

You haven't said what engine it is in your post or you profile!!!

If it is a 3.0 then it is to the right of the oil filter (Nearside of the engine) like pops said.

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Thanks

Cheers Guys,

My truck is a '92 2.4TD Manual Surf, I have an oil filter to change so hopefully I'll be able to get a better look when I do this. I'm a newbie so not sure about how to change profile yet.

Let me know if it's in different place to the 3.0L trucks.

Thanks Again

Russ

Comment

Originally posted by rtgibson
          Cheers Guys,

My truck is a '92 2.4TD Manual Surf, I have an oil filter to change so hopefully I'll be able to get a better look when I do this. I'm a newbie so not sure about how to change profile yet.

Let me know if it's in different place to the 3.0L trucks.

Thanks Again

Russ
          A little lower (I think) than the oil filter and toward rear of engine.

Neville

Comment

Working...
          X