yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reversing beep and the right turn indicator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversing beep and the right turn indicator!

Hi, I have only seen one other post about this but it realy wasn't answered. For two days now, when I use the indicator to turn right (the left is fine) the reversing beep starts or a beep in the car! It has no effect on the right hand indicator lamps or the reversing lamp, it is just that I hear this beep beep when I use it!
    I have a mkII surf, ssr-g 2.4td model if it is any help. Hopefully somone will have seen and cured this one other than the one post I found on a search.
    Any help greatfully taken.
    2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox! - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
    To use Drop Box today for free click go here https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzg1MzQ5

Originally posted by sathelp
    Hi, I have only seen one other post about this but it realy wasn't answered. For two days now, when I use the indicator to turn right (the left is fine) the reversing beep starts or a beep in the car! It has no effect on the right hand indicator lamps or the reversing lamp, it is just that I hear this beep beep when I use it!
    I have a mkII surf, ssr-g 2.4td model if it is any help. Hopefully somone will have seen and cured this one other than the one post I found on a search.
    Any help greatfully taken.
    Have you got a tow bar and electrics on your car if so could be the warning beep from the unit that tells you when the trailer electrics are plugged in
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, this was what was sugested on the thread I found but there was no real answer to if it was the cause. I do have towbar and electrics fitted, not that I have towed anything myself yet. Would this alarm only work on the right hand turn switch though (sorry if this is a known alarm or warning signal)? I have not done any works on or near the tow bar.

any one else?
      2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Dropbox - You're invited to join Dropbox! - Online backup, file sync and sharing made easy.
      To use Drop Box today for free click go here https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTczNzg1MzQ5

Comment

Originally posted by sathelp
        Thanks for the quick reply, this was what was sugested on the thread I found but there was no real answer to if it was the cause. I do have towbar and electrics fitted, not that I have towed anything myself yet. Would this alarm only work on the right hand turn switch though (sorry if this is a known alarm or warning signal)? I have not done any works on or near the tow bar.

any one else?
        Locate the unit, its usually behind the right hand rear panel near the back of the rear light unit, just follow the tow bar electrics wire till you find it then disconect the green wire I believe if not its the yellow, and see if this stops the beep, if it does stop it is either a faulty unit or a bad connection or crossed wire somewhere between the unit and the tow bar electrics socket, may even be a bad earth on the unit but I would have thought that would cause the problem on left and right turns
        If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

bleeping socket!

I had all sorts of bleeping issues with my tow pack, in the end a strip down of the plug socket, clean up everything so it's nice & shiny -dollop of vasaline -sorted ( it's also good as a sex aid, smear on the bedroom door knob - keeps the kids out )
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Thanks Guys, something to work with. I have no cap on the electrical tow bar connector but did grease it for protection because. I will give it a good clean off and re-grease, may be this bit of bad weather has got in. Will post back at the weekend with any results in case someone else has this.
            Thanks.
            2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Comment

At last, got round to looking at the problem. The control unit was on the near side under the cover at the back (above the tool compartment). It looked OK but the wiring was a mess. Whoever put this in needs re-training. So for now I have just snipped the lead to the sounder and will re-install a new sounder unit. At least it keeps the towbar loom working this way.

Thanks for your info.
              2.4 LN130 SSRG K Reg

Comment

Working...
              X