X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidelight Access

Hi All

I'm trying to replace the bulb in one of my sidelights, but I can't see how to access it. I've tried taking out the 2 screws on the plastic cover but that doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried taking the battery out and that doesn't give me access to the bulb either. Please, can a clever soul help me out???

Thanks in advance

Paul
    [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Originally posted by The Griff
    Hi All

I'm trying to replace the bulb in one of my sidelights, but I can't see how to access it. I've tried taking out the 2 screws on the plastic cover but that doesn't seem to do anything. I've tried taking the battery out and that doesn't give me access to the bulb either. Please, can a clever soul help me out???

Thanks in advance

Paul
    You've done it right the first time
    Take out the 2 screws and you'll find that it is clipped in at the front and a bit of careful wiggling it will come out and you'll be able to get at the bulb

Apologies for the poor pic but it was all I had on my PC
    Attached Files
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Yeah, like Rusty says, you're on the right track. Just undo those 2 screws and then, if you pull it from the rearmost part, the whole sidelight fitting just slides forward and out. Might take a bit of wiggling to free it up, especialy if it's like mine and still has lots of offroad mud in and around it!
      Rob

'92 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      "You Sir are drunk!"
      "Ahh yes Madam, but you are ugly and in the morning I shall be sober."
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you very much for the help chaps.
        I am now fully illuminated again!
        [font=Comic Sans MS][i][size=+3][color=red][b]Paul[/b][/color][/size][/i][/font]

[b][size=+2]1992 2.4TD SSR-X AUTO[/b][/size]

Comment

Working...
        X