It unlocked itself??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It unlocked itself??????

Last night I left the interior light "on" and the "house" battery went FLAT , Starting battery and Auxillary power cells were fine so I still got the old girl started..........BUT when I went out this morning it was unlocked.

Now here are a few things:
    I have an alarm with central locking output however the alarm was disconnected for another problem I had with it, so I KNOW it was not the alarm.

Question
    Has anyone heard of these beasts unlocking themselves?
    I am curious if it is because the power got so low that it had a panic attack and unlocked. If so very weird!!!
    OR could I just have left it unlocked?
    That is very unlikely however not impossible
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Gremlins Mate
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I would try a good dose of WD40 (if you have it in NZ) to the front door locks. Damp can cause havoc with electrics. See this thread if you want to know about Gremmlins (damp)
      http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...hlight=mystery

Pete

Comment

locks

Hi my wifes 3rd gen "LOCKS" it self after the car has been left empty for 30 seconds but it does not do it with the key in the ignition or if you sit in the car with the key in you pocket.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
          Hi my wifes 3rd gen "LOCKS" it self after the car has been left empty for 30 seconds but it does not do it with the key in the ignition or if you sit in the car with the key in you pocket.

Bob is it alarmed, I had an alrm fitted once all singing dancing one. Self armed itself and locked the doors for me if it detected no movement etc (mine armed after 2 mins or so). Had it like that for two days and had that facility disarmed on it after I had left the keys in the door pocket, was in the queue to pay for petrol and looking out window saw the indicators flash on the car, huh s**t keys locked in car. 2 mile round walk to go and get spare remote, phoned mate up and he came round and cut out this feature on the alarm for me.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

I have a 93 ssrx which also has started to unlock itself, so your not on your own.I've managed to pinpoint it down to the switch inside the drivers door that is operated when the button goes down, but rain stopped play, so I've not yet got any further than that. I imagine that it is just the contacts inside this switch that are shorting out. Once we get some decent weather and I have a day off, I'll hopefully get the switch out and cleaned up, and then see where we go from there.

Comment

the alarm may have an anti hijack/panic feature.

mine locks when you start the engine and unlocks when you turn it off also if you disarm and don't get in the car withing a few minutes then it will re-lock the door. the only similar trouble i have is if you set the turbo timer and lock the doosrs, then when the engine stops, the doors will unlock.

can't see why it would unlock on a flat battery though? although it is run off the interior light switches, so maybe a problem there?

edit...
              just remembered... fieldsy said when his was crashed, it has a safety feature which unlocks the doors and winds down the windows
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X