Main Beam not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Beam not working

Not been on here for nearly a year..how time flies.
    Are there any electrical wizards who can help me out with this? Dip beam works ok, main beam works when i use the flasher (ie stalk pulled towards me, dip & main beam on together) but the main beam does not work on its own. The main beam indicator comes on though.
    Cheers
    m

Originally posted by mikey
    Not been on here for nearly a year..how time flies.
    Are there any electrical wizards who can help me out with this? Dip beam works ok, main beam works when i use the flasher (ie stalk pulled towards me, dip & main beam on together) but the main beam does not work on its own. The main beam indicator comes on though.
    Cheers
    m
    Fuse in the box down by the throttle pedal, or the relay is in the fuse box under the bonnet.

Comment

if not that... take off the steering column cowling and remove the multiplug from the stalk...
      check the switch is making connection (dunno which pins are which, but should be easy enough using trail and error)

if none of that, then it's gonna have to be a continuity test along the circuit... between switch and battery - switch - relay - lamp (easy with a long lead on the multimeter)
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

more detail on the stalk mod...

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...eadlight_Combo

Comment

Thanks for this - was dirty contacts on the stalk. The wiring mod looks like the proper way to resolve it but it looks hugely complicated...
          m

Comment

Working...
          X