I did it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it!!!

Fitted my remote locking today (second attempt) gave up first time cos i was in a real bad mood and ended up cutting myself!! got it fixed up today and loved it . one thing i did find was i used scotch lock connectors (cos i am lazy and soldering iron is broke!) was just about to give up and though i would check the conections and it turned out that they were rubbish!! fixed it with a handy bit of knife work and all is good! so if your able too use a soldering iron, and dont do it in the rain cos it dont half pi*ss you off!

Wanted to say a big thanks to apache for his guide and for all the other reat advice on this forum which has helped me fix my baby and keep her on the road!
    it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

well done.

don't suppose you want to come and do mine now
    I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy
      i used scotch lock connectors
      Those things should be banned.

Nev

Comment

I aggree, never have liked or trusted em, However! well done, is it just remote locking or does it set an alarm, blip the lights and hooter as well? you know ,like modern cars
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
          I aggree, never have liked or trusted em, However! well done, is it just remote locking or does it set an alarm, blip the lights and hooter as well? you know ,like modern cars
          its just a basic open all doors would like it to blip the lights but i will have to look at that when i get a chance! i think i will be getting a soldering iron for christmas, one of the ones that does not need pluging in! no more scotch locks!

sorry jotto dont think the misses will be too happy with that lucky to get mine done!

Comment

don't bother with a soldering iron either!... just use crimp connectors.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
              don't bother with a soldering iron either!... just use crimp connectors.
              Beauty of using the soldering iron is that you don't need to cut the wire.
              You can tee in by parting the sleeving.

Comment

DAM THOSE SCOTCH LOCK CONNECTORS!!!

well something funny has happened the remote locking has gone a bit weird! well it still unlocks but has stoped locking! i think that its has just come loose well hoping it still makes all the right noises so when i get time again i will get it all to bits AGAIN and take another look.

I do have another question, when i indicate right the light flashes twice as fast as usuall, as if a bulb has gone, but it has not. i have not wired any thing to the lights so its not that could it be that the connection is a bit $$$$ and might need cleaning at the bulb? not really sure were to start so looking for some ideas to make my day working onb the surf a bit quicker.

I seem to spend any free time working on the surf not really a bad thing it keeps me out of trouble but the misses is not too keen!!!
                Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 18 November 2006, 21:44.

Comment

Thats the beauty of scotch-locks, ya never know when there gonna play up,
                  Indicators! not sure unless a bulb has gone, check the flasher unit or try a new one, they aint expensive!
                  Missis's are never satisfied whatever you do so sod em

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    Missis's are never satisfied whatever you do so sod em
                    Top motto.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                      Top motto.
                      HeHe just dont tell them that

Comment