fuel solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel solenoid

Does anyone know where the fuel cut off solenoid is located?
    Im trying to fit an immobiliser but cant seem to find it in the engine bay around the fuel pump

Originally posted by clgha01
    Im trying to fit an immobiliser but cant seem to find it in the engine bay around the fuel pump

Not sure on the 3.0 but on the 2.4 its down near the throttle housing, it has a rubber boot/sleeve on the top covering the electrical connection.
    should be able to trace it by following the fuel lines.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by clgha01
      the fuel cut off wire runs up to the ignition under the dash, it is normally here where you break into the wiring for fitting an immobiliser
      Last edited by gemini; 18 January 2004, 01:14.
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

you will need a professionally fitted and certified immobiliser for your insurance.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          you will need a professionally fitted and certified immobiliser for your insurance.
          better off doing it yourself, then getting it approved at a fitters, most places are cowboys, and end up with more things not working after its fitted.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            better off doing it yourself, then getting it approved at a fitters, most places are cowboys, and end up with more things not working after its fitted.
            don't think you can buy a thatcham approved off the shelf like that?
            part of the approval is that it's sold fitted.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
              don't think you can buy a thatcham approved off the shelf like that?
              part of the approval is that it's sold fitted.
              you can buy thatcham approved cat 1 0r 2 and fit yourself but its the receipt for the fitting that the insurance is interested in
              [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
              [size=5][/size]
              [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                you can buy thatcham approved cat 1 0r 2 and fit yourself but its the receipt for the fitting that the insurance is interested in
                Yes you can buy them as Ian says, its the way they are fitted that is important to insurance companys.
                Once you fit it you can take it to a good alarm place and they can certificate it for about £20.00, done it myself.
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

This might help you find the wires you are looking for.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...torpreheat.jpg
                  If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

I got a very good deal from an internet supplier, £190 including delivery for the Autowatch 160rli system, complete with an installation certificate. I can provide details privately if required.
                    Reasonably accurate specific instructions were supplied, and the bloke was very helpful.
                    It does require a logical approach, and having previous vehicle wiring experience would definately be an advantage. Also prepare as much a possible before cutting any wires.
                    I mounted my control box under the centre cubby, behind the hand brake, which is good and out of the way, easier to install than under the dash, and provides a good aerial location for remote switching.
                    Hope this helps anyone else who begrudges being shafted by insurance companies at every turn....
                    Adrian

Comment

Working...
                    X