Toyota "Clean Air" box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota "Clean Air" box

Have just taken delivery of a '93 SSR-G 2.4. Inside, mounted directly behind the sun roof, is a grey box about 30cm X 20cm. It has a toyota badge and "clean air" written on it. Its all plumbed in to the electrics (factory fitted extra?) as a cool blue light comes on when the doors are opened, I am assuming it is some kind of Air/Pollen filter, anyone know anything about it?

Cheers

Originally posted by Scooby
    Have just taken delivery of a '93 SSR-G 2.4. Inside, mounted directly behind the sun roof, is a grey box about 30cm X 20cm. It has a toyota badge and "clean air" written on it. Its all plumbed in to the electrics (factory fitted extra?) as a cool blue light comes on when the doors are opened, I am assuming it is some kind of Air/Pollen filter, anyone know anything about it?

Cheers
    It's the Asia Package Climate control, auto temp, filter etc in it as far as I know.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks very much, I am suprised the dealer didn't charge me extra for it!

Scooby

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby
        Thanks very much, I am suprised the dealer didn't charge me extra for it!

Scooby
        They probably didn't know what it was either as you don't get many of them over here, generally made for the SE Asia market rather than the home Japanese market. He probably thought the previous owner did refrigerated transport

Cheers

Comment

Its a eggy fart cleaner attacment for when you have the air source switch in the recirculate position.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Its a eggy fart cleaner attacment for when you have the air source switch in the recirculate position.

It's only a hobby!

Comment

So, if its a standard Toyota part.... anyone know what the right part number is for the carbon filter and the paper filter insert...?

It doesn't seem to show up on the Toyota EPC (japanese edition). Also looked on http://www.elcats.ru that have a lot of the EPC programs online... nothing there either...

andyL
              Last edited by AndyLala; 26 May 2004, 14:08.

Comment

Working...
              X