Rear Window motor etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window motor etc

Ok ive just done mine, it was slow and jerky and didnt go right up.
    1. the motor was fine but the drive gear was very badly rusted and worn..a big groove in it.
    2. The regulator mechanism was worn on the motor drive side to a point where the teeth were...points and 2 of the teeth were missing.

Solution, reconditioned motor from PaulyP off ebay and a new regulator from toyota and lots of grease on moving parts.
    The runners at the bottom of the window were fine and the side guides ok also. I now have 23 razor sharp cuts mainly on right hand and rear window works perfectly. I raised window half way to remove all parts and re-fit (with the tailgate down ofc)
    3.5 hours, i had to clean old grease away to remove parts and sort out motor connections
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

did you get on ok with paulyp? i found him a little awkward to deal with....
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
      did you get on ok with paulyp? i found him a little awkward to deal with....
      No problem at all, i made him give me bits off his 4runner over a year ago
      I dont think he remebers me at all.
      Not aimed at you but i suppose selling alot on ebay atracts alot of noobs which can therefore do harm, hense the reson why i will not work with customers.....some are nice some arnt...... so at least being a Doorman when i say the customers wrong they stay wrong lol
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

he must of gone downhill since then, i found a bit of an ar$e...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
        X