rear window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window motor

does anyone know if the door electric window motors are the same as the motor in the rear hatch
    i have read all the motors are identical but plugs need to be swapped over
    is this true
    thanks in advance for any help

Passenger side doors are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
      Passenger side doors are the same.
      CHEERS MATT
      ARE THE PLUGS ALSO THE SAME?
      SORRY FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS

Comment

rear window motor

I replaced my rear window motor with one from a celica, I also got ones from supras and corollas (3 for a tenner at the local breakers yard). The plugs wern't the same but I just cut the plug off the duff one and crimped on inline connectors ahd swapped them over. Even if you have to get some one to do this 4 you it's massivly cheapr than paying for a new one or even a second hand one on flea bay!!
        hope this helps.
        dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
          I replaced my rear window motor with one from a celica, I also got ones from supras and corollas (3 for a tenner at the local breakers yard). The plugs wern't the same but I just cut the plug off the duff one and crimped on inline connectors ahd swapped them over. Even if you have to get some one to do this 4 you it's massivly cheapr than paying for a new one or even a second hand one on flea bay!!
          hope this helps.
          excellent thanks mate
          i am currently breaking mine and people keep asking me this question so this will help a lot

Comment

Guys,
            Is there a step-by-step out there on the net, on how to remove and replace the rear window motor?

Also, exactly WHICH year of the CELICA, SUPRA or COROLLA Passenger window motors can be used?

I read somewhere that the SURF's drivers side window motor can be used too - does this mean that thew drivers side (O/S) motors of the CELICA, SUPRA or COROLLA can be used too??

Warmest Regards
            Udhi

Comment

trust me, if you take your tailgate to bits. You'll see that its real straight forward and everyingthings easy to get to. Or is that just me?
              3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                trust me, if you take your tailgate to bits. You'll see that its real straight forward and everyingthings easy to get to. Or is that just me?
                It's just you. The motor is fairly straight forward to remove ONCE you realise
                how it's fixed. It's just a tad phaffy with the limited working space as to which
                type of spanners you can use.

Comment

I kid you not, I have lost ALL mechanical skills, for some weird reason. I used to rebuild bikes and sell em etc, about 10 years ago, but now I just cannot see it! I need a step by step.

I have taken the rear cover off and done the greasing and the wirebrushing etc, and I though you only need to remove the bolts on the panel to remove the motor?? How the heck do you remove the glass from the carrier?

Could I refer you guys back to the second part of the Q re the parts interchangeability between Toyota models as well - any info will help

Warmest Regards
                  Udhi

Comment

Working...
                  X