Rear speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear speakers.

I was looking at my front speakers this morning and decided they need changing. So if I'm changing the front speakers I might as well change the back speakers. After a quick look around I couldn't see an easy access to the speakers. Has anyone changed these speakers? Where do you start to get the panels off? Also, what speakers did/can you fit?

First ever thread..........I'm guessing not my last.
    Love Surfs, know nothing.

I got some 5" ones from Maplins about £9, 35w? 4 ohms. Work great, for me.
    You need to take off all the plastic panels, they pop off after undoing he screwsand it' quite easy. There's a thread somewhere if you search rear speakers.

Comment

Here it is.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_trim.htm

Comment

Originally posted by topsurfing
        Also, what speakers did/can you fit?
        Depends on the year/model of surf (fill in your profile info so people can see on every post). Some will just have rubbish speakers behind the rear panel something like this:

But others will have a sort of box behind the panels with the speakers mounted inside them (couldnt find a pic).

My advice would be to take the panels off and take a look before you decide what speakers to get.

Or you can modify rear panels and mount some like this:
        No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Great pics, thanks. Will have to get round to fitting some new rear speakers soon now!

Comment

Working...
          X