washing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• washing problem

hi i have a 92 2.4 td surf which just was rebuilt about a month ago, however some little things are now not working.The turbo light on my dash only works when you first turn on the key and not while driving like it used to,until the other day when i gave it a wash around the engine bay and when i went to start it the engine reved up to about 1700 and dropped to 1500 and stayed there as i went to drive off i noticed my turbo light was working i stopped shut it off and went to fire her up again and noticed the glow light was staying on for longer rather then half a second i was gobbed smacked but now after a few hours it obviously dryed out and back to the way it was without my turbo light workin is there a bad connection somewhere any advise

Do a search for vacuum pipes. That is the best thing to try first.
    Make sure they are in their correct places and all connected.

Comment

Originally posted by mbramble
      hi i have a 92 2.4 td surf which just was rebuilt about a month ago, however some little things are now not working.The turbo light on my dash only works when you first turn on the key and not while driving like it used to,until the other day when i gave it a wash around the engine bay and when i went to start it the engine reved up to about 1700 and dropped to 1500 and stayed there as i went to drive off i noticed my turbo light was working i stopped shut it off and went to fire her up again and noticed the glow light was staying on for longer rather then half a second i was gobbed smacked but now after a few hours it obviously dryed out and back to the way it was without my turbo light workin is there a bad connection somewhere any advise

Check the little black rubber pipe in the pic to see if it is connected o.k. and not split or perished...........
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X