Full beam problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full beam problem

Ok ... just bought a VX Landcruiser, ..... still own the Surf tho ..... the VX full beam dont work ( 1993 model)..... they will not work with the head lights on !.... you can flash the full beam when the headlights are off , but other than that... nothing happens.
    I have checked the relays and fuses .... all ok ..... any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

where's the pics then?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      Ok ... just bought a VX Landcruiser, ..... still own the Surf tho ..... the VX full beam dont work ( 1993 model)..... they will not work with the head lights on !.... you can flash the full beam when the headlights are off , but other than that... nothing happens.
      I have checked the relays and fuses .... all ok ..... any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Has it, or did it have spotlights fitted? there maybe another relay somewhere in the engine bay that the main beam wire was/ is connected to. I would start from the headlights and work back.

Comment

Hi m8

Sounds to me like one of the contacts in the column switch isn't doing it's thing.
        If the main beam works when you just flash the lights then the bulbs/fuses & relays are all fine.

If you remove the steering column surrounds and undo the 2 screws holding the column swith in, there will be a bank of contacts behind where the connector goes in, odds are they are a bit dirty/corroded. Carefully clean with emery cloth/white spirit & reconnect the connector & all should be well

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Thanx for the help guys..... think I have found the problem, there are two relays on the VX !! and I am pretty sure one aint working grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... now I have all the fun of the fair trying to source one.

Comment

Thanx to everyone.............. prob cured, it was the second relay !

Comment

Working...
            X