Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question please......

Thanks for all of the help!!

I am getting closer to my decisions and I will update everyone once my new audio experience has been installed.

One more question?? I have seen on some audio sites that it suggests there might be speakers in the rear doors, is this a factory option or I am missing something? I see the speakers in the rear panels but I do not see anything in the rear seat doors. I count a total of 4 speakers, 2 in the front dash panel and 2 in the rear side panels, is this right?

Sorry but as I said, I am a new Surf owner and I am learning a lot!! :-)

Thanks again and I hope to get your feedback soon.

Skylacker
    1995 3.0 TD Limited

If you look under the door cards in the rear doors you will see speaker holes... weird! They are at the front lower part of each rear door. I've not seen THAT many surfs, but never one with actual speakers fitted in there.
    ======
    Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

mine has factory fit tweeters in the front doors and 2 inch speakers in the rear headlining above the rear window but i think these are only on ssrg models with recaro trim
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
        mine has factory fit tweeters in the front doors and 2 inch speakers in the rear headlining above the rear window but i think these are only on ssrg models with recaro trim
        my old ssrx 2.4 had the same but i havent looked to see if it's the same in the 3l
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

mine has the extras in the boot too - so i have 6 speakers
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

sorry guys i thought the ssrG was special but again im wrong
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

My SSR-X has he speaker grills by the rear wiper headlining, but no speakers.
              It just does, OK?

Comment

sorry guys i thought the ssrG was special but again im wrong
                The SSR-G is actually the top model of the range. It's just that there
                seem to be so many mods done as factory options that the model
                can be deceptive.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                  mine has the extras in the boot too - so i have 6 speakers
                  yup mine to
                  [url="http://www.frappr.com/smurfowners"]Surf MAp[/url]

Comment

My 3.0 has a lot of grills, lower dash, rear sides and rear high on wiper motor cover but only two speakers. Why would anyone fit a high-end Kenwood double din system with mini-disc and then only have two cr*p speakers? Too difficult to fit the rears?
                    So many original options that model badging cannot be relied upon for any guidance on what you get!
                    Yes! It's still in the garage. M1ROD

Comment

Sure you've got none in the side pods at the back? They have their own amps powered via the electric aerial feed. It's easy to miss this if you've fitted an aftermarket stereo and there has been a jap aftermarket one badly fitted before (as per mine).
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                      X