rear electric window motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear electric window motor

my motor is very slow to do the back station wagon window up. Is this common or do i need a new one and how much can this cost.

Originally posted by david jones

my motor is very slow to do the back station wagon window up. Is this common or do i need a new one and how much can this cost.
    Try giving the window a good clean and then lubing the rubber strip and the channels with some rubber lubricant.

It's quite often not the motor, just the rubber.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Try giving the window a good clean and then lubing the rubber strip and the channels with some rubber lubricant.

It's quite often not the motor, just the rubber.

Cheers

Might also be worth checking the mechanism etc and greasing it up.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

slow back window

My back window was very slow, I removed the tail gate inside cover and sprayed WD40 over all the workings, after a few times up and down, it now runs really fast, after you have done all that, you have to wash the window inside and out as the WD gets everywhere.

Comment

the mech collects dirt easily, if you lube it with oil or grease, it'll need doing every year or it goes gungy.

Try to clean it all up, and apply a 'dry' grease, like PTFE.

if not a smothering of vasaline every year does the job. try to avoid getting it on the glass, once it gets on the weather strip, every time you lower the window it'll go smeary.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
          X