Stereo Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo Question

Surf was fitted with one of those top of the range Toyota factory stereos when i bought it several months ago. Only problem was CD kept on being ejected before it could play (may be my taste in music it didn't like ).
    Rather than get it fixed, thought i'd go down market with a Pioneer, got it all fitted up fine, BUT...radio plays fine on all speakers in car, but CD only plays through the front ones, and you know the high quality they are not.
    Whats gone wrong? Has a wire been missed, and i better point out, i didn't fit it, a car stereo shop did, surely they know what they are doing?

Anyone any ideas i need my music loud and fast

I know i've posted this thread on general forum aswell, but thought that might be wrong place for it.
    Is it supposed to sound like this??

Sounds like there's something wrong with the head unit if all speakers work with radio but not on CD.

Comment

Never never heard of that happening without it being a fault. Sounds messy :S
      ======
      Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

"It is a common problem but I don't know the answer. I am still listening to Wogan or Talksport and the RHS front speaker is naffed."

This is what kitesurf phil replied in general section, so it seem i'm not the only one finding this..

Puzzled am I.

Comment

Problem may be solved. Found a thread on this forum from January 2005 with exactly the same issue. Apparently its the electric aerial output feeding the rear speakers, it needs to be fed to the remote turn on lead? I'll get stereo folks to sort it out now i know what may be the problem.

Cheers for replies anyway guys.

Comment

Aw bugger, I just answered this in general....

Comment

Dave, thanks very much for this info, yours is actually more understandable than the previous threads. Cheers for that. Apparently, another way round it is to leave the traffic alert on, on the radio to allow the power to go thro.
              Sorry i posted this thread on two different sections, didn't know which one was right, and thought both would double my results.
              Cheers matey

Comment

Working...
              X