Rear window blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window blues

Hi, Rear window goes up but not down usung key or the interior switch.
    What I have checked:
    Motor OK
    Relay OK, I tried a known good one from another surf but still no go.
    The relay clicks for the up but no click on the down.
    I cheched all conectors and harness with a meter.
    Wiper is parked OK.
    Anyone with any ideas.
    Thanks Pat.

The 'down' relay may be knackered...
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...0&d=1134208703

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      The 'down' relay may be knackered...
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...0&d=1134208703
      I agree. From memory, the key and the switch go into the relay box on two seperate wires, so if niether work that seems to rule out wiring.

The wiring to the motor can go wrong but that would probably take out both directions and anyway you should still hear the relay.

You can try getting right to the relay box and shorting onto the back of the pins to totaly rule out wiring. from memory it's the thin green with a red stripe and the thin green with a yellow stripe which are connected to earth to give the up and down from the tailgate switch.

I would take out the module, open him up and look for signs of relay burning.

Dave

Comment

Some more info......http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=window+relay

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Found it:
          It was a broken wire in the loom at the bottom of the tailgate. I found this fairly quickly but the window would not go down until i ran the rear wiper !
          Now everything is OK. window is a bit slow but I can sort that OK.
          Fixed this prob by serching through old posts.
          Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
            I agree. From memory, the key and the switch go into the relay box on two seperate wires, so if niether work that seems to rule out wiring.

The wiring to the motor can go wrong but that would probably take out both directions and anyway you should still hear the relay.

You can try getting right to the relay box and shorting onto the back of the pins to totaly rule out wiring. from memory it's the thin green with a red stripe and the thin green with a yellow stripe which are connected to earth to give the up and down from the tailgate switch.

I would take out the module, open him up and look for signs of relay burning.

Dave
            Hi. The problem with my rear window is.......It goes up and down from the internal switch andup with the key but not down.....any sugestions..cheers Garry.

Comment

ok guys after all the recent hassle i now have another prob, yes the rear window

it works fine on the key as in it goes up and down
              on the internal switch it will only go up

am i to look for broken wires or is there something else, i ask coz you now know what im like at trying to solve a prob (total cr@p)
              john
              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

If it's only playing silly devils via the internal switch, I'd check the switch
                and/or tailgate loom.

Comment

Working...
                X