Dashboard lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard lights

I had to virtually dismantle the entire dash yesterday to fit a cd player into my '94 surf. Whilst working I checked all the dashboard connections to find that some of the LED's had previously blew (Hard ride and auto oil temp)

I then noticed that I don't have an oil pressure warning light. Is this due to the oil pressure gauge being present or am I missing something?

Cheers
    '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
    I had to virtually dismantle the entire dash yesterday to fit a cd player into my '94 surf. Whilst working I checked all the dashboard connections to find that some of the LED's had previously blew (Hard ride and auto oil temp)

I then noticed that I don't have an oil pressure warning light. Is this due to the oil pressure gauge being present or am I missing something?

Cheers
    mine has an oil light (little red oil can) dunno if it's pressure or level! comes on when ignition switched on... no oil guage though.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
      mine has an oil light (little red oil can) dunno if it's pressure or level! comes on when ignition switched on... no oil guage though.
      thats the oil pressure
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

i dont supose you took a pic of the dash with the bits off cause i am sure that i might have a few liumination lights out but at the mo i cant be ar$ed to take it appart to find out that they are all ok.
        so much to do , so little money , so little time

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
          thats the oil pressure
          thank god someone knows!... i don't worry unless it comes on!
          had a cavlier which the oil light came on when turning left... i blamed faulty wiring!... probably down to the oil leak from rocker cover!... hope new owner doesn't read this!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

2nd Gen 2.4 Oil Lamp ?

You mean you have an oil light ??
            Why hasn't my 2nd gen '93 got an oil light ? I WANT one !
            Errrrrm, am I supposed to have one ?

Jim
            Last edited by Ems and Jim; 16 September 2003, 19:27.
            [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

2nd gen dash has guage and a warning light for low pressure. (3rd from the right)
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony,

Didn't realise the "CHECK" meant oil too !

I was looking for an oil can o something - tore my handbook to pieces

Jim
                [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

Seein as we're sorta

talking gauges........

Anyone know roughly where the gauge is spose to be at certain revs??

I gotta 3.0L
                  [SIZE=3]3.0L..SSR-X Ltd..'94[/SIZE][SIZE=1]Burgandy/Grey[/SIZE]

Comment

here....................

Comment

Thanx for that Tony

My 3.0L TD Idles where the needle is & runs between the next 2 lines, good enough for a high miler :-).

Just had a quick look at ur profile and ur exactly 2 yrs younger than me and I had an '81 MK1 about 10 yrs ago that I thru a V8 into & another for trialing/safary.
                      Did u do it urself? and use the 'Milner conversions' kit (as they were then called)

Comment

Originally posted by FG.
                        My 3.0L TD Idles where the needle is & runs between the next 2 lines, good enough for a high miler :-).

Just had a quick look at ur profile and ur exactly 2 yrs younger than me and I had an '81 MK1 about 10 yrs ago that I thru a V8 into & another for trialing/safary.
                        Did u do it urself? and use the 'Milner conversions' kit (as they were then called)
                        hehe, its a small world! Yeah, I did it all myself, although the only Milner bits left are the headers and engine mounts, as the gearbox got ditched for a Borg Warner 65 Autobox from a SD1 that bolts straight up to the V8, after munching 3 toy 5 speeds in one summers wheelin'

How did the safari stuff go for you, was the truck modified much? I fancy a go in Milners race truck!

Comment

Both mine

Used the 4 speed and had probs! even with doing alot of towing etc.ti'll a wk after selling the road going truck............ I thort it was starting to make noises!! still, I made a few more quid surplying and fitting another from my pile.

The other truck had the V8 treatment + a Holley DP and other tweeks.......then I chopped the chassis off at the back of the cab and built my own chassis from there, to bring it to just under 90" wheel base,full cage etc. good bit of kit, did more trialing than safari tho.
                          Last edited by FG.; 9 November 2003, 10:29.

Comment

Working...
                          X