Door Control Relay Diagram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Control Relay Diagram

Does anyone have a diagram for the door control relay. My Hilux 4runner book has all the diagrams except no mention of the door control relay. It just mentions it but does not show the wires or their functions.
    1993 surf
    Last edited by scenarioL113; 17 June 2006, 18:25.

Check this thread and see if it helps :http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=23861
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

also this one... http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=23218 i can tell you there is 2 wires to each door solenoid, give it 12v one way to lock other way to unlock. on the drivers door lock there are 4 wires. still working on which do what. apache seems to be some kind of auto electrical genius, im sure he will be along shortly! (in the mean time if you do find a diagram stick a copy on here! )
      good luck!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Thanks, the one diagam I have already. That is the switch and door wiring. I need the actual wiring for the relay itself. It has one plug that has about 10 wires going into it. It is the unit that allows window power until the door is opened and then shuts it off, etc... It does everything else as well. I have the diagram for the US version for a V6 4runner. I need it for a 93 surf with a diesel which is definately has less wires than the V6 4runner. I have BOTH vehicles and have compared.

I am having 2 problems. First, when you unlock door with key it unlocks just the driver door, if you turn key 2nd time it should unlock ALL the doors but it doesnt. My 95 4runner does this but the 93 surf does not. If you unlock the passenger door (on the surf) with the key all open on first try, I think this is normal. I just need to figure out why the drivers door doesnt unlock all doors.

Second problem is my front stereo speakers only work if my doors are locked and for the life of me I cannot figure this out. I know the power mirrors are wired to the green/red wire that goes to the radio from the factory. I want to make sure all my door controls are grounded/earthed properly.

Comment

have you checked for continuity on the wires where they go though between the door and the a pillar? i just took one of my new ones apart and found 5 broken wires in there....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

From both the drivers side and the passenger side everything works. All windows up/down, all locks locking unlocking, both power mirrors in all directions. I just dont know what or where to check to fix the key unlocking all the doors problem.

I will double check the continuity just to be safe but I think it is good.

I will post a diagram if I find one. The "Chiltons" manual here in the U.S. for the 4runner has the diagram which includes the relay but the "Ellery" book for the Surf Hilux has diagrams as well but DO NOT include the relay
            Last edited by scenarioL113; 17 June 2006, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by scenarioL113
              Thanks, the one diagam I have already. That is the switch and door wiring. I need the actual wiring for the relay itself. It has one plug that has about 10 wires going into it. It is the unit that allows window power until the door is opened and then shuts it off, etc... It does everything else as well. I have the diagram for the US version for a V6 4runner. I need it for a 93 surf with a diesel which is definately has less wires than the V6 4runner. I have BOTH vehicles and have compared.

I am having 2 problems. First, when you unlock door with key it unlocks just the driver door, if you turn key 2nd time it should unlock ALL the doors but it doesnt. My 95 4runner does this but the 93 surf does not. If you unlock the passenger door (on the surf) with the key all open on first try, I think this is normal. I just need to figure out why the drivers door doesnt unlock all doors.

Second problem is my front stereo speakers only work if my doors are locked and for the life of me I cannot figure this out. I know the power mirrors are wired to the green/red wire that goes to the radio from the factory. I want to make sure all my door controls are grounded/earthed properly.
              Sounds a bit odd!

The key in the drivers door should unlock all doors on the first turn (no second turn necessary, the surf's electrics aren't that clever!), the one in the passenger door only unlocks that door. Check if you have a four wire solenoid in the passenger door, and a two wire in the drivers side. The extra two wires are the switch for the other locks and this one should be in the drivers door. You don't have a left hooker thats been converted to right hand drive do you? Thats the only way I'd be able to explain it.

As for the speakers not working unless the car is locked, thats just bonkers. There is only two wires to the front speakers and they go directly to the stereo. Another suspicion is that someone of dubious technical ability has been messing with your wiring!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Aha, just spotted you're in the USA. I'm assuming your Surf has been converted to left hand drive and the drivers door only contains a passenger side door solenoid. (Would I be right in saying only the 4Runner was sold in the states so the Surf is an import?) It would be possible to swap them over if you don't mind running the extra two switch wires through.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Apache

You are very clever!

I have a 1994 4runner and a 1995 4runner that I converted into a surf. I am the one that messed with the wiring. I completely took out the gas engine and complete wiring harness as far as the rear of the seats. I took an imported SURF and put the engine trans and transfer case AND complete wiring harness into thr 95 4runner.

Yes I did convert to left hand drive, mainly moved the instrument cluster harness and the steering column harness. There were a few others but nothing else major. The project was a success and if you saw it when I was midway thru you would not believe that it is back together. I know the problem lies in the wiring that went from door to harness. The SURF was a 1993 and it seems that some of the Door Locking features were different than its American counterpart. The 4runners Driver door on the 94 and 95 when you use the key it opens the lock on the first turn, the second turn unlocks ALL the doors. That is an ANTI CarJacking feature. It will prevent an attacker from opening the door on the otherside if you are in a parking lot or out anywhere where there are bad people looking to do you harm.

This is why I want the wiring diagram for the door control relay it will specify all the signals and wiring for it. I have it for the american 4runner but it is different for the Surf. The surf has less wires to it.

ALSO when ignition is turned off ON A SURF, Is there a delay that allows you to roll the windows up with the key removed or turned off? The 4runners have it, it holds power for about 45 seconds or until you open a door. How does the surf work?

I must say it sounds like the wiring is done poorly, but I must say I put the EFI Turbo Diesel in and every single relay and dashboard light , sensor, you name it, it works. Just the stupid speakers are grounding out with the doors locked. I actually solved the problem by disconnecting 2 wires that were tied in, and these wires have had no affect on anything so they may have been the culprit.

Let me know?

Frank

Comment

FYI
                    4runners with diesel options are not available in the US market....STUPIDITY!
                    That is why I imported the vehicle for the drivetrain.

The newly installed surf harness had the same connectors for the doors as the 4runner, just opposite. They both had 3 plugs on respective drivers door and 2 on passenger. I figured I would make small harnesses for each connector that crossed to opposites sides to plug into the harness where it was supposed to be. All wires and plugs were the same EXCEPT for maybe 3 or 4 wires, which were differnt color or not used for either the Surf or 4runner. I am sure any problems lay within these wires.
                    I dont consider it such a problem since I can just test continuity and grounding etc... but the not haveing the diagram for the RELAY is preventing me from doing that.

I know this sound like a $$$$$$$ project but it really has come out very well and I am more pleased than I thought I would have been upon its completion.

About the speakers, I agree it makes NO SENSE at all! There is one gray wire that shares power with the stereo. This wire gives power to the remote control switch for the mirrors which lay in the drivers door. That is the only wire I know that ties anything in the door to the Stereo system. Mind boggling to say the least. I think I may disconnect the stereo ground and ground it to the chasis by itself. Something is definately crossed somewhere.
                    Last edited by scenarioL113; 22 June 2006, 02:31.

Comment

Originally posted by scenarioL113

ALSO when ignition is turned off ON A SURF, Is there a delay that allows you to roll the windows up with the key removed or turned off? The 4runners have it, it holds power for about 45 seconds or until you open a door. How does the surf work?

Let me know?

Frank
                      Nope, Surf don't have this, ignition off, everything goes off.

There are other differences, a UK 4Runner doesn't have the Auto up on the driver window like a Surf, so there will different wiring and window ECU's for each different truck.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Mine has it. I can remove the key and open the door and still operate the windows. As soon as I close the door, the power is off.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Mine has it. I can remove the key and open the door and still operate the windows. As soon as I close the door, the power is off.
                          OK, just been outside testing Surfs! 3.0's don't have this feature, 2.4 EFI trucks do, havn't got a non-EFI truck here ATM.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

i can close my windows with the keys out and the doors open or shut..

i just winds it up with the handle....
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

AHHHHH!!

I see the door control relays are all different. I have the relay from the 4runner and it gives me the delay until I open the door. If I put in the relay from the SURF it gives no power when ignition off but will give me power when I open the door but immediately shuts it off it when I close the door. The ignition needs to be ON originally for theis to work. I am pretty sure that is the NORM on the 2.4 Surfs
                              I have actually learned a few things.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X