Is it me or me stereo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or me stereo?

Every time I turn my ignition off my stereo resets itself and it takes me ages to tune back into Magic FM...

Before I set fire to my dashboard again , can someone tell me whether it's something to do with the wiring or whether I should just go and buy a new stereo (and maybe try and find out why there is what appears to be a power amp under the passenger seat that does nothing).

Is it fed from a switched live or a permanent live?

Comment

On the back of the stereo there will be a red wire and a yellow wire. Change them around. One is a permanent, keeps your settings ie radio station. The other is ignition to add power when the car is on. If you get them the wrong way around you get this problem with the memory.
      i like it muddy!

Comment

it prob will be your switched and perm feeds are the wrong way around. you could wire them together (red wire and yellow on head unit usually) to the permanant feed.

the permanant feed to the battery keeps the memory etc and switched feed gives you power on the ign only
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I agree its the only thing it can be swap em round or wire them both to permanent live.
          If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Sweet, I'll pull it out and change the wires around some time when I can be bothered going outside.

Thanks gents.

Comment

wire them both to perm +ve... then you can listen while ignition is off!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                wire them both to perm +ve... then you can listen while ignition is off!
                then well be in the battery thread very soon
                zacco

Comment

MAGIC FM no wonder it keeeps changing
                  Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

"Swap them round" they said "red and yellow" they said. No-one mentioned having to take half the dash off or not being able to pull any of the connectors out...

Anyway, a good dollop of impatience, a set of wirecutters and a lot of insulating tape later, all now seems well and I can listen away without having to scan through the stations every time I get in. The rest of the wiring seems to be held together with tape, so I though I'd join in.

Thanks for the help guys. Easy listening, here I come.....

Comment

Working...
                    X