Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuses blowing, but the wrong one...

Hello again all.

Just replaced the stereo in my 92 2.4, (pain in the arse)

And tonight i used herin the dark and as soon as i fired up the lights the gauge lights went out and i lost tail lights (the brake lights still worked)

I got home and cheked my fuses. The tail light fuse had indeed blown but the gauge fuse was fine.

Any suggestions? does it sound like i made a short in my stereo? or is this just a dodgy fuse?

Sounds like a short somehwere...just add a new fuse and if it blows you'll definatley know you have a short.
    Gaz

Comment

From memory, the gauges fuse just drives the guages themselves, it just moves the needle.

the sidelight fuse also feeds all dash illumination, including the gauge lights, so it doesn't sound like the wrong fuse.

Possible things to look for is it feeds the light above the ashtray, which is just close to the stereo, and I think it has a push on connector on the back - if that touched against the steel supports that the stereo bolts to that would take out the fuse.

the other one to look at is did you disturb your fog light wiring, which is often tagged of this circuit and can be done very untidily.

Comment

Working...
      X