X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed sensor/pulse wire

Hi all
    As a newbie please bear with me.
    I want to fit my VDO Dayton sat nav system into a 95/96 surf. does this vehicle have a speed sensor/pulse wire i can take a feed from?
    I dont know much about the models, i.e what year there were changes etc etc, if someone could enlighten me i would be muchos grateful.
    Thanks in advance
    Marty
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    [FONT=times new roman][/FONT][COLOR=red][I][B]1994 SSR X LTD 3.0[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Originally posted by mazzerman
    Hi all
    As a newbie please bear with me.
    I want to fit my VDO Dayton sat nav system into a 95/96 surf. does this vehicle have a speed sensor/pulse wire i can take a feed from?
    I dont know much about the models, i.e what year there were changes etc etc, if someone could enlighten me i would be muchos grateful.
    Thanks in advance
    Marty
    Mine is a 94 and it has a speed pulse, we picked it up behind the instrument panel, used it for a vdo dayton ms5000

Cheers
    Keith
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

Speed sensor wire

Hi Keith
      How did you trace which one was the correct wire for for the Speed sensor?
      [FONT=times new roman][/FONT][COLOR=red][I][B]1994 SSR X LTD 3.0[/B][/I][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mazzerman
        Hi Keith
        How did you trace which one was the correct wire for for the Speed sensor?
        2 of us driving along the road with the dash on my knee and my mate with a probe, checking the wires. I recall there is a block with with an array of wires that plugs into the back of the dash cluster but cannot recall which one we used.
        I will be stripping my dash to put new dials in within a week or so and will have a look see where we picked it up

Keith
        I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

This diagram may help?

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...entcluster.jpg
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Speed sensor

Hi,

I have recently fitted a kph/mph conversion to my 96 Surf.

If you take the instrument cluster out, I believe you will find three screw connections on the back of the speedometer.

One is for the ignition (IGN)
            One is for earth (G)
            The other, at the top right, is for the speed sensor (SEN).

Follow the track back to the plug and you should be able to find the right wire.

Hope this helps

Clive

Comment

speed sensor wire

Thanks for the reply's guys, will take a look and try to find it.
              How did you do the KPH to MPH conversion Clive? are kits available and do they convert the speed pulse to MPH?
              How much are they and where from.
              Sorry for all the questions, just very interested in the conversion.

Comment

Speed sensor

Hello,

The conversion is very simple.
                The kit I purchased came with full insructions and connectors.

The cost was £50 +p&p + VAT.

It is simple to fit. I bought from here....

http://www.importsolutions.co.uk/

good luck

Clive

Comment

speed sensor wire

Thanks Clive, will give them a call.

Comment

Working...
                  X