Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote central locking

hi folks
    i have 3rd gen 1996 surf and would like the remote fob facility. has anyone fitted the remote central locking system available on ebay. is it a case of swopping the box under drivers seat for the supplied one or is there more to it.
    thanks in advance

Originally posted by nigelsheridan
    hi folks
    i have 3rd gen 1996 surf and would like the remote fob facility. has anyone fitted the remote central locking system available on ebay. is it a case of swopping the box under drivers seat for the supplied one or is there more to it.
    thanks in advance

Can't you get a key from Toyota? gotta be a way to do this.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Get a good alarm system put in, then it will link into the central locking. Killing two birds with one stone. 1) alarmed surf 2) remote locking
      i like it muddy!

Comment

got an immobiliser fitted when i bought it from dealer. hindsight is a wonderful thing after the event just realised theres a bit of a yorkshire theme here
        Last edited by nigelsheridan; 18 May 2006, 22:46.

Comment

got an immobiliser fitted when i bought it from dealer. hindsight is a wonderful thing after the event just realised theres a bit of a yorkshire theme here
          check with the alarm installer as most systems are upgradeable so you could possible add remote opening to the alarm/immobilizer.

when i had my immobilizer fitted they did the remote opener at same time(£110) and told me i could add things like remote start and things like anti jack sensors etc etc
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

hi folks
            thanks in advance
            It should be remote central locking anyway !
            I have never come across a 3rd Gen that isn't.
            There should be a little black box under the drivers seat with the gubbins in and you should have a key with 2 small buttons on?? You might be able to get the key from Toyota if you haven't got one.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy W
              It should be remote central locking anyway !
              I have never come across a 3rd Gen that isn't.
              There should be a little black box under the drivers seat with the gubbins in and you should have a key with 2 small buttons on?? You might be able to get the key from Toyota if you haven't got one.

Andy
              Andy, I think that the vehicle under discussion already has C/L its just the key that is missing. I agree with you that the best way is to just get a new key

Comment

thats right the car has central locking but i didnt get the remote fob when i bought it. searching on this site there are lots of folks who have converted their 2nd gen surfs to remote cl with kits available form ebay. what im interested is there anyone out there who has done it for a 3rd gen surf.
                the answer is out there.

Comment

thats right the car has central locking but i didnt get the remote fob when i bought it. searching on this site there are lots of folks who have converted their 2nd gen surfs to remote cl with kits available form ebay. what im interested is there anyone out there who has done it for a 3rd gen surf.
                  the answer is out there.

Sure it is, but have you tried ringing toyota? Its not a fob, its a key with buttons and will be better than an aftermarket item.

Comment

Working...
                  X