Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back door warning on dash

Hello
    Which doors does this warning operate on? I presume the rear passenger doors, but what about the tailgate? Does the spare wheel (tailgate mounted) play a part in this warning?
    Thanks
    Mark..

Originally posted by papacroft
    Hello
    Which doors does this warning operate on? I presume the rear passenger doors, but what about the tailgate? Does the spare wheel (tailgate mounted) play a part in this warning?
    Thanks
    Mark..
    There are 2 catches (one on each side of the tailgate) which should lock in the closed position when you shut the tailgate. If these are not in the locked position the rear window will not go up. If you have got the rear window up and there is still the "back door" warning light on the dash, it may be that the switch inside the tailgate has stuck in the open position. Ordinarily when you close the window the tailgate is locked automatically and the warning light goes out.
    Last edited by rusty; 31 December 2003, 12:30.
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
      There are 2 catches (one on each side of the tailgate) which should lock in the closed position when you shut the tailgate. If these are not in the locked position the rear window will not go up. If you have got the rear window up and there is still the "back door" warning light on the dash, it may be that the switch inside the tailgate has stuck in the open position. Ordinarily when you close the window the tailgate is locked automatically and the warning light goes out.

Also think the rear munted spare has something to do with it, remember a post a while where somebody said they had to give the spare a good shove home to stop this happening
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
        Also think the rear munted spare has something to do with it, remember a post a while where somebody said they had to give the spare a good shove home to stop this happening
        You've got me on that as I haven't got a swing aside spare - YET!!
        NO WORRIES!
        Rusty

Comment

spare

yes it does the spare wheel carrier is also linked to the warning light
          black n tan
          black n tan
          yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

From memory the spare wheel carrier has it's own warning light seperate from the rear door one
            [color=darkorange]
            [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
            1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
            [/color]

Comment

the rear wheel carrier on mine operates the same 'back door' light if the spare is not clicked home fully, also, the lock catch on the tailgate sometimes will stick open even after the glass is closed, mine needs lubricating every few months, to check, either look at it from in the car when the glass is closing or, from outside, drop the glass, pull the lock button up, and shut the glass a bit, is the lock button still up?
              [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Working...
              X