Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Surf Related...but it could be...

Hi folks

I have a ford focus, with one of those built in nokia hands free kits that is wired to the stereo... as I don't have a nokia I decided to take it out and instead of removing the stereo, just cut off the wires to the mount and hide them away... However now the stereo thinks the phone is constantly attached... so I am guessing that 2 (or more) of the big bundle of wires I cut through should be joined together some how... Has anyone got any ideas of which of the many wires it should be?!

The car came with a built in car kit?

Its probably the 'mute' cable you are looking for...

But if its built in... you may want to talk to Ford. (good luck)

OEM branded stereo's are a pain in the nether regions.

Comment

all you have to do is find the yellow wire and insulate it from earth(chassis)
      when the phone rang it sent a 0volt on to the yellow wire that put the stereo into mute
      should be easy to solve
      good luck
      john
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
        Hi folks

I have a ford focus, with one of those built in nokia hands free kits that is wired to the stereo... as I don't have a nokia I decided to take it out and instead of removing the stereo, just cut off the wires to the mount and hide them away... However now the stereo thinks the phone is constantly attached... so I am guessing that 2 (or more) of the big bundle of wires I cut through should be joined together some how... Has anyone got any ideas of which of the many wires it should be?!
        get rid of it and buy a surf

Comment

Working...
        X