Car Clock, Helpppp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Clock, Helpppp

Good evening, I got this car clock for the surf but its got six pins for a plug,
    I was expecting just a pos and neg connection, Its from a ford KA and i've no
    idea what pin is what, Its got led lighting (From the pic when i bought it on ebay) and wether thats a standard fit or its been added i dont know, I've sent a message to the seller to see if they have any info on the wireing, Does any one have the pinout or a wireing diagram for a KA, Would it be possible to trace the pinouts from the internals if i take it apart, Thought i'd ask first before i bugger it up, Thanks Ian
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Evening Ian.... nice face on that clock...

Have you tried Googling the numbers on the back of the clock... just a thought...

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Good evening, I got this car clock for the surf but its got six pins for a plug,
      idea what pin is what, Its got led lighting (From the pic when i bought it on ebay) and wether thats a standard fit or its been added i dont know, I've sent a message to the seller to see if they have any info on the wireing, Does any one have the pinout or a wireing diagram for a KA, Would it be possible to trace the pinouts from the internals if i take it apart, Thought i'd ask first before i bugger it up, Thanks Ian
      Ian me ole skipjack!
      I had the same problem with a similar clock from new shape Mondeo. I didn't know the pin connections so I pulled it apart to look at the circuit board and the + and earth connectios are easy to see, but it was hit and miss with illumination but I got it to work o.k.

Comment

Cheers guys, I'll do a search and failing that or a reply from the seller i'll have a look inside, It doed look nice when lit though

Comment

Just had a browse through my Ford T.I.S. disc and this is what I figured out.....
          Attached Files

Comment

looks like a good idea! post a pic when its done mate, want to see how it looks in yours before i bugger mine up
            TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Just had a browse through my Ford T.I.S. disc and this is what I figured out.....
              Thanks mate, Just about to start tearing me hair out over this clock! If i'd known it was gonna be all this bother i would'nt have bought it, Guess what!!
              The printer wont start now, Oh buggeration, I'll get the IT man to look at it when he gets home (if he comes home) Ian

Comment

Originally posted by ian619

Have you got a multimeter? Do a continuity test to find conducting pairs. Probably have a common earth so box a bit clever but you wont have to pull it apart.

Al.
                I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Hey Vince, That drawing was just the job, I appreceiate the time you must have taken to sort it out, Thanks very much, I got it sorted now but not before i foolishly removed the back of the clock and all the cogs fell out,what
                  a ba$tard it took me over an hour with a magnifier to put it together and even then i was;nt sure if it was right, Looking at the pins from the back of the clock the pinout is a mirror image of your drawing with the ign and batt pins reversed (top to bottom), Wired it to a gellcell batt and it kept time for an hour or so
                  I do have a question though, why does it need an ign and batt feed, wouldnt a batt feed alone do, I ask because i've only run three wires up into the headlining, earth, lights and batt supply, If i connected the ign and batt wires together then to the batt supply that'd do would'nt it?
                  Checked out the sellers feedback and it looks like she does a lot of these clock mods, Nice little side line, Job lot of clocks cheap replace the leds with blue ones and bang em out for 30 quid a time! nice one, Not difficult, only three leds in there, Thanks again Ian
                  Attached Files

Comment

Oooh, that is a nice looking clock...

Comment

Hi Andy, yeah thats what drew me to it when i saw the add, Its an easy mod as i say all shes done is replace the three white leds for blue ones, I should imagine it looks non to shabby with the white ones either, Never got close enough to a KA to notice, KAs aint my thing!!

Comment

Pic for Andrewlee of clock in,
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X