Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window

Hi all,

Well I have never been able to get this window to work, and today in the lovely sunny conditions here in Leicester (NOT!), I managed to remove the relay box, after opening it, I thought that I had found the problem, I have replaced both of the window relays, repaired a track on the board, and hey presto!

Or so I thought, the window does up and go down now (eventually, and it will go up with a bit of human assistance), is there a different motor that I can fit in to the rear of my beastie, as Toyota nearly gave me a heart attack when I asked them for a price, also the ones on ebay seam a tad pricy too.

Oh yea I forgot to mention that I greased just about everything inside there

You need to lubricate the rubber runners aswell. Basically everywhere the glass touches.

Comment

I did i did i did honest, there is grease everywhere in there now, I think that I need a new motor, sadly

Also if anyone is in the east mids, and needs their relays changing, now that I have done mine, I would not mind doing anyone elses, but please bear in mind that I had to do a track repair on my board as it was completely burnt out, so I can not promise, but if I can help, I am here.

I have 6 spare relays now just in case...

I am sure that I read on here that a door window from another car will fit, but maybe I was just a little drunk when I read that
      Last edited by spans; 19 April 2006, 21:34.

Comment

Originally posted by spans

I am sure that I read on here that a door window from another car will fit, but maybe I was just a little drunk when I read that
        You wern't that innebriated, and you are correct.
        Some other window motors can either (a) fit as a direct swop or (b) can be fitted by a bit of alteration to their fixing bracket / slightly different fixing hole locations - but I cant remember (read DONT KNOW) which...Suggest you 'phone a few breakers yards - some remove motors and actually have them all together in one shed / cupboard / bin...All you do is take your one (after noting down on paper where each coloured wiring connection goes, o' course; OR taking a digi pix of it assembled first) and compare it to those on offer...Jeez, some breakers even let you see their motor axshully works by powerin it up 12 volts.. but wont prolly give you any guarantee on it..

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by spans
          Have a search on here for corolla, and all will be revealed.

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Thank you

Once again you peeps out there saved me a small fortune, just put in a N/S motor from a celcia, sma motor, just a different plug, Oh the luxury of getting to the back or my car, without opening the back door, scrambling over all my cr@p, just to get something.

Comment

PC Board

I seem to recall Toyota want a couple of hundred quid for the replacement boards,

I bought the relays to, are they easy to de-solder etc

or is it better to bite the bullet and order new one

Comment

Working...
              X