Passenger window stuck down....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger window stuck down....

...went to Bourton-on-the-Water yesterday, the kids messed with the windows on the way down so when we arrived one was stuck in the fully down position....little darlings! I had to leave car with the window open and the car park attendant looking out for me.

I stripped the door down when we got home but couldn't find anything obvious. Tested the switch on the other door, got 12V going to the motor in 'down' position but nothing going to motor in the 'up' position.

Any ideas?

I got the window back up just by giving the motor 12V in the reverse polarity from the ciggy lighter. The window is up but still hasn't cured the problem.

To stop the brats messing about I have disconnected both passenger switches for now!

Originally posted by laser_jock99
    ...went to Bourton-on-the-Water yesterday, the kids messed with the windows on the way down so when we arrived one was stuck in the fully down position....little darlings! I had to leave car with the window open and the car park attendant looking out for me.

I stripped the door down when we got home but couldn't find anything obvious. Tested the switch on the other door, got 12V going to the motor in 'down' position but nothing going to motor in the 'up' position.

Any ideas?

I got the window back up just by giving the motor 12V in the reverse polarity from the ciggy lighter. The window is up but still hasn't cured the problem.

To stop the brats messing about I have disconnected both passenger switches for now!
    My little darlings got mine stuck down and i was recomended by POPS to lubricate the seals with silicon spay, and believe it or not i have not had any problem since!

I am not saying that this will cure your problem but it is worth a go, It would also be worth a search on here, as this is a subject often discussed.

Paul
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

mine did the same, was broken wire in the drivers door. Where it comes through wing then in to door, could get the window down but not back up.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Why is it they always fail so they will go down but not up? Mine's like that at the moment and it's a broken wire, but I can't be bothered to find it. Temporary cure involved disconnecting the motor
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          Why is it they always fail so they will go down but not up? Mine's like that at the moment and it's a broken wire, but I can't be bothered to find it. Temporary cure involved disconnecting the motor
          Wasn't it termed "fail to safety" or open rather than closed, same as "emergency exit" electronically controlled door systems....BTW the very earliest powered window systems were only motor powered going up / they relied on the weight of the glass (gravity)to drop them down /open. Moving the switch to the down position, just allowed the motor to freewheel - sort of primitive, but effective..

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Uplander
            Wasn't it termed "fail to safety" or open rather than closed, same as "emergency exit" electronically controlled door systems....BTW the very earliest powered window systems were only motor powered going up / they relied on the weight of the glass (gravity)to drop them down /open. Moving the switch to the down position, just allowed the motor to freewheel - sort of primitive, but effective..

Peter

nah just sods law its the power to up wire that breaks
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Working...
            X