dead batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead batteries?

can any one help.both of my batteries are not holding charge.both have been checked and need replacement.does anyone know the codes for these eg.065,089 .it is usually on a sticker on top of the battery.it is for a 3.0 td 1995 model.cheers

I don't know the correct answer to this, which is quite poor considering I have just replaced both of my batteries. But I just went to my local motor factors (not halfrauds) and asked them for new batteries for my car, they looked at what I had, and came out with two new ones.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
      I don't know the correct answer to this, which is quite poor considering I have just replaced both of my batteries. But I just went to my local motor factors (not halfrauds) and asked them for new batteries for my car, they looked at what I had, and came out with two new ones.

As good an approach as any! Buy the biggest In terms of cranking amps you can afford and make sure they are the same as one another and thats that.

Code numbers mean sod all.......

Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by prosurf
        can any one help.both of my batteries are not holding charge.both have been checked and need replacement.does anyone know the codes for these eg.065,089 .it is usually on a sticker on top of the battery.it is for a 3.0 td 1995 model.cheers
        You're handy enough for Bristol to give Roughtrax a bell. They stock them and they're around £100 a pair. Look 'em up on t'internet.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

cheers guys .looks like £100 is the going price.i have a trade card for a motor factor supplyers,but they have no book for the batteries the supply just the 3 number code .just wondering if i could get them cheaper useing these codes.

Comment

It might be worth trying an independant battery dealer. My brother can do mine (when the time comes) for about £65.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

According to the receipt they were AV068 and AV069. Now why didn't I think of looking at the receipt in the first place
              Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

cheers guys ,found the size in battery book today,guess what its a 068 and 069.so i did abit of ringing around and found them near by for £63 a pair.not bad eh.will offer them £60 tomorrow see if they take it.

Comment

Working...
                X