2 Battery's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Battery's

Hi all, Happy Christmas btw, I have a noob question, my import 91 Surf (proud owner of 2 weeks now) has 2 batterys, is this not standard? I think not from reading this forum, so the next question is why have 2 batterys?
    Also the turbo timer goes tits up if I lock the windows from my door, is it wired wrong?, its fine normally.
    Cheers ,,,Woodie
    ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Originally posted by Woodie
    Hi all, Happy Christmas btw, I have a noob question, my import 91 Surf (proud owner of 2 weeks now) has 2 batterys, is this not standard? I think not from reading this forum, so the next question is why have 2 batterys?
    Also the turbo timer goes tits up if I lock the windows from my door, is it wired wrong?, its fine normally.
    Cheers ,,,Woodie

Two batteries not standard, wired in parallel, one used for starting etc the other runs the electrics when only the ignition is on.
    Not sure on the turbo timer, I dont have one but it sounds like it might be wired wrong as no one else has reported this problem.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

i thought all hilux were 24v starting. may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by birdy
        i thought all hilux were 24v starting. may be wrong.
        No the Surf is 12v starting. The 2 batteries just mean that you can get away with cheaper batteries and still get the 700+ CCA requirement to turn over and start the Diesel engine.

Cheers

Comment

No the Surf is 12v starting. The 2 batteries just mean that you can get away with cheaper batteries and still get the 700+ CCA requirement to turn over and start the Diesel engine.
          CCA = Cold Cranking Amps
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Thanks all, looks like my Surf has been modded a bit, saves me some dosh anyway
            ...Woodie http://woodie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/D...%20Surfsml.JPG

Comment

My Surf is 92 and has two batteries as well. One the dealer replaced when I bought it which I guess is the one it uses for starting. The other is some Jap thingy...

Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by rcutting
                My Surf is 92 and has two batteries as well. One the dealer replaced when I bought it which I guess is the one it uses for starting. The other is some Jap thingy...

Richard.
                You will probably find that your Surf uses both batteries for starting. If 1 battery starts to go faulty, the remaining good battery is not big enough to start the engine. It's ok to replace them one at a time. The battery's work together for all functions of the vehicle.
                Pete

Comment

Working...
                X