fitting new radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting new radio

i have taken out the old unit and want to fit a new system.
    i have got the adapter harness and everything works perfect.
    my problem is how to i fix the system to the car,are there facia kits or do i have to cut the dashboard, i am having a nightmare.
    please help
    brett

Hope its not too late, did you keep the old radio when you unbolted it from the frame? The two brackets that hold the old radio onto the frame can be unscrewed from the radio. These must be kept and screwed onto the new system, which should have corresponding holes if its a modern DIN unit or Double DIN unit. Then you should be able to put the dash panels back in place and everything hopefully will fit flush behind the centre dash panel just like the old one did.

I believe some new systems have clipoff pieces on the front trim to allow you to mount your radio behind the dash Toyota style unlike other manufacturers whos dashs are designed to accept radios front loaded and with extra unnecessary trims.

If your new system hasnt got the holes, work out where they should be and drill them and use a few short self tappers to hold the brackets in place (be warned you might drill into something so take your chances yourself)

Comment

Originally posted by brett kennett
      i have taken out the old unit and want to fit a new system.
      i have got the adapter harness and everything works perfect.
      my problem is how to i fix the system to the car,are there facia kits or do i have to cut the dashboard, i am having a nightmare.
      please help
      brett
      no cutting is required, if your not fitting a double dinn radio a universal box fits underneath as in photo
      Attached Files
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
      X