Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ongoing speedo problems

Hi guys
    Still having problems with my speedo so I decided to remove the instrument cluster and have a look. I can see the converter box (kmh-mph) and was wondering if anyone knows about the wiring pattern for these. It is a small black box no markings or identifying stickers but 6 wires. These are Red Black Blue Yellow Brown and White.
    The red wire is connected to a black wire with orange stripe.
    The black wire is connected to a white wire with black stripe.
    The blue wire is connected to a green wire with a red stripe and a green wire with a blue stripe.
    The yellow wire is connected to a green wire with a red stripe.
    The brown and white wires appear to be unconnected.
    I have checked all connections for the wires and they are good. I just want to verify the connections are correct before buying a new converter. Also is it possible to wind the clock to the correct the mileage. My vehicle is a 1995 3.0 ssrx kzn 130. Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    Phil

Originally posted by phil1234
    Hi guys
    Still having problems with my speedo so I decided to remove the instrument cluster and have a look. I can see the converter box (kmh-mph) and was wondering if anyone knows about the wiring pattern for these. It is a small black box no markings or identifying stickers but 6 wires. These are Red Black Blue Yellow Brown and White.
    The red wire is connected to a black wire with orange stripe.
    The black wire is connected to a white wire with black stripe.
    The blue wire is connected to a green wire with a red stripe and a green wire with a blue stripe.
    The yellow wire is connected to a green wire with a red stripe.
    The brown and white wires appear to be unconnected.
    I have checked all connections for the wires and they are good. I just want to verify the connections are correct before buying a new converter. Also is it possible to wind the clock to the correct the mileage. My vehicle is a 1995 3.0 ssrx kzn 130. Many thanks in advance for any advice.
    Phil
    Don't know anything about the converter box, but I think you will find it's illegal to wind the mileage back, even if you could get it to record in miles.
    Cheers
    Trev D.

Comment

Working...
    X