has anybody fitted one of these remote locking kits off e bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anybody fitted one of these remote locking kits off e bay

whats the quality like how hard are they to fit could someone with a limited experiance do it? many thanks

Originally posted by matthew coventry
    whats the quality like how hard are they to fit could someone with a limited experiance do it? many thanks
    there was someone on here that got one of those from ebay but dont think they said whether it was easy or not to fit
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I fitted one of them a few months ago. I thought it was fairly easy, there's only a few wires, after all!!

The awkward thing is finding somewhere to locate the actual box.

Mine's cable-tied up to a bit of heater trunking by my right foot, but it does occasionally slip a bit...
      It just does, OK?

Comment

Hi,
        I have fitted about four or five of these (actually not true - they were far dearer about 5 years ago than the latest ones) and its quite simple although some have a checklist / "instructions" some dont...The flat box can be fitted by placing it against a surface with double sided fabric tape (i used to use that stuff some carpet fitters use ) Be interesting to know if anyone has experience of these kits being marketed as low as twenty odd beer tokens which seems a bargain !

Peter

Comment

If I remember correctly, mine was about £20, delivered!!! I have seen one the same as mine recently on e-bay.

Amazing how much nicer, no, better, it is having central locking on a button, rather than a key.....

Found the link for the same one as mine, here
          Last edited by dave.j.robbo; 24 March 2006, 22:22. Reason: Just found the link
          It just does, OK?

Comment

was it hard to fit mate

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
            If I remember correctly, mine was about £20, delivered!!! I have seen one the same as mine recently on e-bay.

Amazing how much nicer, no, better, it is having central locking on a button, rather than a key.....

was it hard to fit mate

Comment

No, not hard at all... a 12V feed, 3 connection to 0V, and two connections to the C/L of the truck (one lock, one unlock).

I didn't wire up the lights to flash with the locking/unlocking.

Not difficult, but it depends how 'bendy' you are...
              It just does, OK?

Comment

Afternoon all

I fitted one of these to my pajero (before I got the surf)

Came with all necessary wiring/zip ties etc & a decent set of instructions.

Hardest job was getting the wiring to the drivers door (that rubber tube is a bugger) but once in, it worked perfectly.

Only thing that niggled me was that it had to be wired to the sidelight circuit so when you armed/disarmed it the sidelights flash. I wanted to wire it into hazard lights but never got round to it.

In all, good bit of kit for the money - took me about 2 hours to fit, took my time and made sure all wiring connections were soldered & tidy.

hope this heklps

ta

hawaii
                I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Looks like more than a couple of wires to connect though!
                  Cheers
                  Trev D.

Comment

Originally posted by trevdowle
                    Looks like more than a couple of wires to connect though!
                    Yeah, but I didn't wire up the lights to flash, so there's two wires off, straight away..

One more wire is for the 'Boot release', which in't no good for us Surfers, so that one wasn't connected, either..

It's a permanent 12V feed, a 0V (actually 3 connections to 0v), and two wires to the switch wires on the truck.

Easy peasy!!!
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

Yeah, but I didn't wire up the lights to flash, so there's two wires off, straight away..

One more wire is for the 'Boot release', which in't no good for us Surfers, so that one wasn't connected, either..

It's a permanent 12V feed, a 0V (actually 3 connections to 0v), and two wires to the switch wires on the truck.

Easy peasy!!!
                      Certainly sounds easier than it looks from the pic.
                      Cheers
                      Trev D.

Comment

Working...
                      X