windows again i`m afraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows again i`m afraid

got rear window problem (welcome to the club i hear you all say) but cant really figure out from all the searches what specific problem may be.
    goes down with key and interior switch no probs. sometimes goes straight back up with key if i`ve left key in lock and its only been open for half a minute or so. but if longer, or key removed then it takes about 3 minutes of pushing repeatedly on the interior switch or about 5 mins of repeatedly turning the key before it will close. it doesn`t seem to sluggish when it does go up so dont think its a grease up solution to prob.
    can somebody perhaps pinpoint the most likely problem from this information and help reduce my "find and fix" time?
    here`s hoping

forgot to mention. i can hear a faint click from rear of vehicle when key turned or button pressed and window not going up.
    Last edited by SURFVIRGIN; 19 March 2006, 13:59.
    Ian

Sounds like it could be the "up" relay in the control circuit mounted in the rear side panel. This one is always the first to burn out for some reason. Apparently you can get a replacement relay from Maplins (or take out a new mortgage to buy a whole new panel from Toyota or Roughtrax) but they seem to be a bit of a problem to solder in unless you have a solder sucker (probably also available from Maplins). Use the search facility as there's loads on this on here.
    Mike G

Comment

thanks mike. thats one thing i sort of narrowed it down to but youv`e helped confirm that for me mate. just gotta fix it now. thanks again
      Ian

Comment

same

Mine did exactly the same as you describe,
        I fancied that, fully lowering it, and then closing it worked,
        although I suspect its a luck of the draw thinf really

the mechanic I use (who is cheap)

had the circuit board out, and wiggled the relays about a bit. which seems to have worked, and that was months ago now

or like me you could just go in Maplins and buy the bits off the shelf
        they are pennies,
        it just needs a TV engineer used to un-solderiing things to fit them properly

diagram
        and board;

this is your mission should you choose to accept

Comment

thats a great help thanks basil, will try the technical method of hitting it with something first and if that dont work then know a guy who can fix it with the help of your diagram. thanks again
          Ian

Comment

would you adam `n` eve it. pressed door lock button twice and problem cured. think my little baby takes the p**s out of me sometimes.
            Ian

Comment

Working...
            X