Windows not working still! Wiring diag needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows not working still! Wiring diag needed

Ok, so ive got most bits working again, stereo,clock,int lights etc butthe the F***ing windows wont move or the mirrors! Ive had the door panel off and looked in the flexi conduit in the door and cant seem to find whats the problem? Surely if the mirrors are not working also its a fuse?
    Can anyone please help as there is a shinny disco with my name on it down the streeet!

Ideally i need a wiring diagram of the drivers door, also if i have to replace the wiring loom how difficult a job is it? and where can i get a loom from (ebay breaking surf perhaps?)
    Kite Surf

Originally posted by surfstar
    Ok, so ive got most bits working again, stereo,clock,int lights etc butthe the F***ing windows wont move or the mirrors! Ive had the door panel off and looked in the flexi conduit in the door and cant seem to find whats the problem? Surely if the mirrors are not working also its a fuse?
    Can anyone please help as there is a shinny disco with my name on it down the streeet!

Ideally i need a wiring diagram of the drivers door, also if i have to replace the wiring loom how difficult a job is it? and where can i get a loom from (ebay breaking surf perhaps?)
    Got mirrors working still clueless to the window problem and judging the response to this thread im not alone.

Anyone know how i manually get the window up?
    Kite Surf

Comment

Pull the plastic kick panel off by the throttle pedal which houses the fuses, and I think there is a relay for the windows there. There are three relays one on top of the other I think it's the bottom one. See if it clicks when you press the window switch.(ignition on). if not, try swapping the relay with one of the others of the same type to see if it gets them working.

p.s. I'm providing this information if only to prevent you from making a terrible faux pas in purchasing a D**covery!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Pull the plastic kick panel off by the throttle pedal which houses the fuses, and I think there is a relay for the windows there. There are three relays one on top of the other I think it's the bottom one. See if it clicks when you press the window switch.(ignition on). if not, try swapping the relay with one of the others of the same type to see if it gets them working.

p.s. I'm providing this information if only to prevent yhe bou from making a terrible faux pas in purchasing a D**covery!
        Just changed the relays nothing happened. Is the fuse for the windows the DOME fuse under the bonnet?
        Kite Surf

Comment

hang on, I'll go and check mine............stay tuned!

Comment

hang on, I'll go and check mine............stay tuned!
            Ok,
            Im fed up with my surf, this is the third day ive been working on this. If i cant sort it out i need to know how to do the window up without electric?
            Kite Surf

Comment

I've pulled all the fuses, inside and in the engine bay and my windows still work!!!! There has to be another fuse somewhere, I'll keep looking.......
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 19 March 2006, 13:05.

Comment

I've pulled all the fuses, inside and in the engine bay and my windows still work!!!! There has to be another fuse somewhere, I'll keep looking.......
                Thanks vince ive had it with mine, hands cut open, door pannels off wires hanging everywhere windown still open and want to s c r a p it
                Kite Surf

Comment

Maybe it's something to do with your window lock button......stuck in lock position perhaps??? disconnect the switch and see what happens....

Comment

Ive opened the whole unit and cleaned it out but nothing, not sure how to bypass tthe switch though
                    Kite Surf

Comment

Have a read of this, may help....http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/powerwindow.htm

Comment

Doesent appear to have any power from the wires on the white block entering the arm control unit. I may very well be testing it wrong but am sure i was correct. I have managed to get the window up jumping from the battery and now the remote central locking has stopped eventhough i can hear the relay click when i press the button.

and to top it off ive noticed like an oil spray on the ground from the exhaust? and its leaking oil from underneath
                        Last edited by surfstar; 19 March 2006, 14:56.
                        Kite Surf

Comment

Did you ever get this resolved? As my surf is sat in the drive with exactly the same problem! :-s
                          No, i haven't rescued any mountains this week!

Comment

Originally posted by OOG View Post
                            Did you ever get this resolved? As my surf is sat in the drive with exactly the same problem! :-s
                            What symptoms?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              What symptoms?
                              Just this minute fixed it. Blown 30amp fuse down by the relays. Will wait for daylight before i re-assemble the interior.

Symptoms:
                              No power to any window, no voltage at relevant plugs etc.

Cause: Numpty here nicked a wire whilst mounting a fire extinguisher in the back. Must have eventually worn through the insulation and shorted along the screw.

Fixed thanks to my automotive engineer mate and a fuse 'borrowed' from his brand new shiny Vauxhall...

Isn't fault-finding by torchlight fun?

The new spots and running lights do look good though. Next will be suspension and getting the signwriting done...
                              No, i haven't rescued any mountains this week!

Comment

Working...
                              X