Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Hi all, I've just been given a CB and I've two questions. Where's the best place to bolt it to inside the cab, and where's the best place for the aerial? I'm thinking of getting a mag mount for the aerial as I'm only going to use it whilst out in convoy, can anyone recommend a good one? Okay, that's three questions!

Ta....
    Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Where's the best place to bolt it to inside the cab?
    Anywhere where you can reach it and where it's not in the way. I was thinking roof console style, if you dont have a sun roof.

where's the best place for the aerial?
    If you are only going to use it on the road I would mount it on the roof as near to the centre as possible. Either get an aerial with a good tapered stainless steel whip section (low wind resistance and good recovery if it catches an overhead branch).

I'm thinking of getting a mag mount for the aerial as I'm only going to use it whilst out in convoy, can anyone recommend a good one?
    Have a look on Moonraker.com. They do a triple mag mount. It may be a little over the top for a standard CB antenna but at least it won't tip over and damage your roof.
    Another alternative is to fit a rail mount onto your spare wheel carrier (sturdy, out of the way and cheaper).
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
    X