Dashboard warning indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dashboard warning indicators

Please help, I have a 90' toyota surf and recently the T-belt light, battery light and both the turbo indicators (green and red) stay lit when the truck idles and when driving. Any ideas what is causing this and how can i fix it
    Cheers

Originally posted by kiwibro
    Please help, I have a 90' toyota surf and recently the T-belt light, battery light and both the turbo indicators (green and red) stay lit when the truck idles and when driving. Any ideas what is causing this and how can i fix it
    Cheers

had that on mine, turns out it was the alternator. A few others on here have had the same thing and it was also the alternator.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Thanks for that, will the alternator need replacing or is it easier to get it recon'd?

Comment

Thanks for that, will the alternator need replacing or is it easier to get it recon'd?
        well in either case it has to come out so id say new is easier. not sure the difference in price though.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Get it reconditioned and up-rated at the same time for more output. Handy for extras like spotlights and winches etc. A re-con would be cheaper than a new one.

Comment

Working...
          X