Live Wire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Wire ?

Help please, i'm fitting a flashing LED ( dummy alarm) to the dash of our 96 3rd gen, does anybody know if there is a wire that becomes live when the ignition is switched off ?
    Thanks guys, Nosher

Originally posted by nosher
    Help please, i'm fitting a flashing LED ( dummy alarm) to the dash of our 96 3rd gen, does anybody know if there is a wire that becomes live when the ignition is switched off ?
    Thanks guys, Nosher
    I suspect there probably is somewhere. I had a Laserline immob fitted this week at my house for £115.00 by a mobile auto electrician. This has a flashing LED and actually protects your vehicle as well.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Led

[QUOTE=nosher]Help please, i'm fitting a flashing LED ( dummy alarm) to the dash of our 96 3rd gen, does anybody know if there is a wire that becomes live when the ignition is switched off ?
      Thanks guys, Nosher[/QUOTE]

Hi nosher. why dont you just connect it across the ignition switch, between the Positive input to the switch and one of the outputs from the switch. That way you will not have to turn it on and it will only illuminate when the ignition is off.

When you turn ignition on, the ignition switch will short out the LED and it will not illuminate.

When ignition is off, the LED effectively shorts out the ignition switch and illuminates.
      I have done this several times. Sorry I cant help with wiring colours for 3rd gen and dont forget to include a fuse in line with the led.
      JJON

Normal is just a wash setting.

Comment

[QUOTE=jjon]
        Thanks guys, Nosher[/QUOTE]

Hi nosher. why dont you just connect it across the ignition switch, between the Positive input to the switch and one of the outputs from the switch. That way you will not have to turn it on and it will only illuminate when the ignition is off.

When you turn ignition on, the ignition switch will short out the LED and it will not illuminate.

When ignition is off, the LED effectively shorts out the ignition switch and illuminates.
        I have done this several times. Sorry I cant help with wiring colours for 3rd gen and dont forget to include a fuse in line with the led.
        Thanks for the info jjon, i will buy an inline fuse and connect it up this weekend, i'll let you know how it goes, thanks again Nosher....

Comment

Working...
        X