Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window

just started the old surf as the old girl is for sale and tried the rear window it moved down a little then stopped i can hear the motor still working but it wont move up or down any help on the problem and also i need to remove the rear carpet on the rear door is there any way to move the window down so i can open the door and have a butchers

cheers mark

Originally posted by mark375
    just started the old surf as the old girl is for sale and tried the rear window it moved down a little then stopped i can hear the motor still working but it wont move up or down any help on the problem and also i need to remove the rear carpet on the rear door is there any way to move the window down so i can open the door and have a butchers

cheers mark

Oh Dear, stripped teeth there matey, remove carpet and have a look at the motor. get an assistant to operate the down function and pull the window down at the same time with your germans.
    I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
      Oh Dear, stripped teeth there matey, remove carpet and have a look at the motor. get an assistant to operate the down function and pull the window down at the same time with your germans.

Cheers fro quick reply
      If that is the case stripped teeth is it possible to buy just the gears or is it a new motor

Comment

Originally posted by mark375
        Cheers fro quick reply
        If that is the case stripped teeth is it possible to buy just the gears or is it a new motor

Never done one myself but plenty on here have done. I think the metal case is a clinched so would be very awkward to take apart. Have a look at roughtrax on t'internet and or milners, both of which have links from this site for new motors.

Al.
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
          Never done one myself but plenty on here have done. I think the metal case is a clinched so would be very awkward to take apart. Have a look at roughtrax on t'internet and or milners, both of which have links from this site for new motors.

Al.
          a corolla passenger side will fit or if you dont have any joy getting one from a s$$$$py i got one from nippon spares who are in the yellow pages

0800 977 6944
          mine cost about £50 inc p&p but i had no choice as i couldnt get one anywhere down here
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X