Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wires dropping out of the dashboard

Hi guys,

I was trundling along today and a coiled uip single core wire fell from the dashboard near the acellerator, the wire is coloured yellow and black but i haven't a clue what it is. Do any of you kind souls happen to know what it is? I suspected it may be something to do with the stereo as the rear speakers are not working (never have).

Thanks in advance

Simon
    Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Unlikely to be speaker wire as that's usually twin core flex.
    Mike G

Comment

most surfs had a warning beeper when you exceed a certain speed.... these are disabled by cutting wire..
      could be that.... ??

carl.....
      gettin coooooler... and dark....

Comment

akmost certainly after market for 2 reasons
        1 Toyota never made vehicles with wires that fall out
        2 all manufacturers will use the shortest wir runs poss to save on cost which rules out coils of redundant wire.

AL
        I used to have a surf me!

Comment

too right

Originally posted by phoebelala
          2 all manufacturers will use the shortest wir runs poss to save on cost which rules out coils of redundant wire.

AL
          Your so right about Toyota never making the car in such away that the wires never fall out... Their looms are so tight, its the main reason why that are so many electrical faults found between the door and the door post. All that flexing on an tight loom does no good...

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala

AL
            Kind of what i figured Al about the wire, just wondered if t was gathered up from somewhere else but unlikely. I have to take the dash out to do the stereo speakers soon (see if i can find the rear speakers) so i'll trace it then.
            Cheers

Simon

MPG? Don't you mean GPM.

Comment

Working...
            X