Removing Jap Headunit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Jap Headunit

Ive tried doing a search but cant seem to find the information i am looking for

I am going to attempt to fit my pioneer headunit but i dont know where to start removing the jap one

Which parts of the dash do i need to remove and in what order please??

Also can someone point me in the direction of the connector i need that i have read is available through this site??

Thanks

Originally posted by Kerry

I am going to attempt to fit my pioneer headunit but i dont know where to start removing the jap one

Also can someone point me in the direction of the connector i need that i have read is available through this site??

Thanks
    I downloaded a complete installation guide from google, have a search for one. The operation is not simple i found. You have to start by removing the paneling below the steering wheel, followed then by the glove box area followed then by the a/c heating controls. Some surfs have an internal amp built in, as the power from their head units is low, i recommend you remove this and wire direct to speaker cables etc.
    Kite Surf

Comment

Thanks
      i have just fitted a new head unit to my surf you will have to remove the lower passenger dash the small bit near the gear lever and the middle lower dash you will have to remove the heater knobs they just pull off when you get all this out the headunit might be held in by four screws and you will probuly have to get a iso connector which is avalible from the forum shop i hope this is some help
      NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Thanks

Hi kerry...try codlord website...he has info and pictures.http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/ look under the Interior section on the 2.4
        Gaz

Comment

thanks that link is perfect

Comment

New/replacement Head unit

Just a quick note re fitting a head unit, just changed mine and also couldnt get power antenna to work, this link from gizmo sorted that though... thanks, thought I'd let you know that I bought a double din filler pocket from Ha*f*rds (not an add) for £14.99 lo and behold the universal one has a surf/runner listed, correct pocket and facia, it fits a treat. Hope this helps someone
            Haig (brand new & shiny)

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
              Just a quick note re fitting a head unit, just changed mine and also couldnt get power antenna to work, this link from gizmo sorted that though... thanks, thought I'd let you know that I bought a double din filler pocket from Ha*f*rds (not an add) for £14.99 lo and behold the universal one has a surf/runner listed, correct pocket and facia, it fits a treat. Hope this helps someone
              Haig (brand new & shiny)
              Hi Haig and welcome to the forum. It's full of Surf-nutters and looneys, so I fit in perfectly. Welcome to the mad house.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs...a/4Runner.html

its for 4 runner ,but basically the same. you need adobe acrobat to view the files.

Comment

Working...
                X