yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Gen front sidelights bulb replacement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen front sidelights bulb replacement.

Hi All
    Has anyone changed a front sidelight bulb on a 3rd Gen? How does the unit come out?
    I have removed the single screw and moved the unit forward, but then meet fairly solid resistance. I think it might be on the same type of locating pegs as the rear light clusters, but can't work out if it needs to come forwards or sideways to release. I don't want to apply any force until I know the correct removal procedure - a new unit probably costs an arm and a leg!!
    I did a search and found that Predictable Bob asked the same question in 2004 - only Morr replied and he prised away the wheel arch shield as he couldn't figure it out either LOL.
    Surely somebody must have sorted it in the last couple of years!
    Any info eagerly awaited!!
    Cheers
    Keith

Originally posted by s2-wolf
    Hi All
    Has anyone changed a front sidelight bulb on a 3rd Gen? How does the unit come out?
    I have removed the single screw and moved the unit forward, but then meet fairly solid resistance. I think it might be on the same type of locating pegs as the rear light clusters, but can't work out if it needs to come forwards or sideways to release. I don't want to apply any force until I know the correct removal procedure - a new unit probably costs an arm and a leg!!
    I did a search and found that Predictable Bob asked the same question in 2004 - only Morr replied and he prised away the wheel arch shield as he couldn't figure it out either LOL.
    Surely somebody must have sorted it in the last couple of years!
    Any info eagerly awaited!!
    Cheers
    I did mine the same way that morr did his but i then pushed the unit forward when my hand was behind and it came out, though it does require some force. You are right in thinking that the locating plugs are the same as the rear but pull forward instead of sideways.

Comment

yes pull forward had to mine today!!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll try and be brave and give it a good tug
        Cheers
        Keith

Comment

Remove the screw and give it a good tug (hate to say yank!) and it comes clear.

Colin

Comment

I'm sure you're right, I hope so! I've searched everywhere tryin to find this info out. I was going to give it a good 'tug' but bottled it. i'll give it a go tomorrow.
            Just a simple one while were on the subject... Has any of you come up with a cunning plan to stop water getting in to the side and headlight units. The rubber gators don't seem to be 100% efficient. neither does whatever is supposed to act as a seal in the side lights ( havent managed to have a look at them yet!).

Cheers once again fellers

Comment

Originally posted by solent_surfer
              I'm sure you're right, I hope so! I've searched everywhere tryin to find this info out. I was going to give it a good 'tug' but bottled it. i'll give it a go tomorrow.
              Just a simple one while were on the subject... Has any of you come up with a cunning plan to stop water getting in to the side and headlight units. The rubber gators don't seem to be 100% efficient. neither does whatever is supposed to act as a seal in the side lights ( havent managed to have a look at them yet!).

Cheers once again fellers
              The sidelight unit is easy to remove, once you know how it is fitted!
              Like the rear lights, it is held in by one screw and a peg.
              As other people have said all you do is remove the screw, ease the light unit forward slightly so that you can get a grip on it and then give it a short, sharp pull forward. The peg is at the bottom and inboard. Dont pull too far forward or you might damage the wiring.
              The bulb holder is a plastic unit held in by a bayonet fitting - no weather seals worth talking about, but water doesn't seem to get into mine.
              I will post some photos tomorrow so that you can see exactly where the peg is. Like many jobs, its dead easy when you have done it once!!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by s2-wolf; 16 February 2006, 12:36. Reason: Photos added
              Keith

Comment

Photos now added to previous post.
                Keith

Comment

Working...
                X