Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de-mist fan

Hi Y'all

My de-mist fan isn't working on positions 1+2. It hasn't since I got the truck, but it hasn't really bothered me till now. I remember a while back reading a similar post, and a possible solution was to give the leaver a good wiggle in case it's just a mucky electrical contact but I've tried that with no sucess. I also had a look at the fuses. Am I right in thinking there is just the one fuse for the interior fan? I also found a fuse labeled SEAT, what the hell is that for?
    Oh yea, 91 SSR LIMITED 2.4

Cheers

Simon

The heater fan motor speeds are contolled by resistors, top speed is 12V and other speeds by going though different resistors.

Craney has the same problem, and I was gonna sort out the link for changing them. but forgot! oops.

Will try and find it tonight, unless someone else knows it off the top of their head.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Could it be this one you are looking for???

Rich.

http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/4x4...s/Blower.shtml

Originally posted by TonyN
      The heater fan motor speeds are contolled by resistors, top speed is 12V and other speeds by going though different resistors.

Craney has the same problem, and I was gonna sort out the link for changing them. but forgot! oops.

Will try and find it tonight, unless someone else knows it off the top of their head.

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Sweet. Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

Simon

Comment

there is a resitor pack in the heating duct behind the glove box this will need to be changed.

Comment

Originally posted by super8simon
            Hi Y'all

I also found a fuse labeled SEAT, what the hell is that for?
            heated seat perchance????

Comment

Working...
            X