Internal roof light / air purifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal roof light / air purifier

I bought 1996 3.0 SSRX 2 weeks ago. I am very pleased with it.

There is an internal roof light / air purifier (Mitsubishi unit) with a fan that can be switched on & off and the lights each side can be manually switched on & off, but the lights do not seem to work with the door switches -
    although sometimes when I open rear door the light switches on for a short period.
    I have looked on the web and cannot find any instructions.

> Please can you help.
    >

Originally posted by alant4
    I bought 1996 3.0 SSRX 2 weeks ago. I am very pleased with it.

There is an internal roof light / air purifier (Mitsubishi unit) with a fan that can be switched on & off and the lights each side can be manually switched on & off, but the lights do not seem to work with the door switches -
    although sometimes when I open rear door the light switches on for a short period.
    I have looked on the web and cannot find any instructions.

> Please can you help.
    >
    sounds like your door switches are playing up as they do from time to time you can get new ones from haulfords or you could try spraying them with wd40 to clean the contacts
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

My rear passenger interior light has never worked with the door switches. I think it is a 2nd Gen thing.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
        sounds like your door switches are playing up as they do from time to time you can get new ones from haulfords or you could try spraying them with wd40 to clean the contacts
        Thanks for reply - does your vehicle have one of these units?
        I have taken the light covers off and there are 2 switches inside. When I switched one the lights did not work, when I switched the other an alarm started to buzz.
        Would like to find a set of instructions.

Regards

Alan
        Attached Files

Comment

don't spray them with WD40... it will collect dirt after a time.
          use contact cleaner...
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
            My rear passenger interior light has never worked with the door switches. I think it is a 2nd Gen thing.
            You mean the deck light at the back, or the middle light? the middle light and font lights should come on from all 4 doors.

The big climate contol unit seems to a PITA, you can't get new filters for it, and I think its Andy Lala's that switches itself on when his phone rings!
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              I think its Andy Lala's that switches itself on when his phone rings!
              Its filtering his calls .
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Interior/door switches

Thank you for you advice. How now removed, cleaned and sprayed switches and the lights now work. Also a warning alarm sounds if I have left lights on.

Regards

Alan

Comment

Working...
                X