central locking problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• central locking problems

I've got a 2.4 surf SSRG on a K plate, the central locking works with the remote control ( meta alarm) and unlocks with the drivers door switch but does not lock with the switch. I've had the switch apart and cleaned it up and the drivers door pannel removed but can't find any broken wires. I've tried looking for the control box but unless its under the carpet of the drivers seat I can't locate it. Any one out there have any ideas?

Thanks

There is a control box behind the plastic panel down by the throttle pedal if that helps. you'll need a 10mm socket or spanner to remove the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      There is a control box behind the plastic panel down by the throttle pedal if that helps. you'll need a 10mm socket or spanner to remove the panel.
      The one by the fuses has ect on it on my surf?

Comment

It's not that one then!
        I'm sure there is other relays and connectors above that, you need to be a bit of a contortionist to see them though.

Comment

Central Lockin What's that ?

Originally posted by cygnet
          I've got a 2.4 surf SSRG on a K plate, the central locking works with the remote control ( meta alarm) and unlocks with the drivers door switch but does not lock with the switch. I've had the switch apart and cleaned it up and the drivers door pannel removed but can't find any broken wires. I've tried looking for the control box but unless its under the carpet of the drivers seat I can't locate it. Any one out there have any ideas?

Thanks
          Central Locking !!! I don't such have such niceties.... Good Luck
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Usually a broken wire in the flexy trunking between door and A pillar . Continuity test once you find the correct box . I had the same thing with the tailgate window . Wires looked OK but broken inside the insulation of the wire .If you can find the wires from the A pillar inside the car they will lead you to the control box . If you have the alarm fitted they should have splissed into the wirring their to 'pulse' the control box to lock/unlock doors . As you say the alarm works the system , you are correct to think the fault lies between the door and control box .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

The central locking control box is fixed behind the drivers side front speaker.You will have to take the lower dash panel off to get to it properly(half a dozen screws and a 10mm bolt) The box itself is clipped to the rear of the speaker box,a couple more screws will remove the box. Its only a 5 minute job to take this all apart.

Cheers,
              Darren
              So many toys-So little cash

Comment

thankyou

Originally posted by surfer daz
                The central locking control box is fixed behind the drivers side front speaker.You will have to take the lower dash panel off to get to it properly(half a dozen screws and a 10mm bolt) The box itself is clipped to the rear of the speaker box,a couple more screws will remove the box. Its only a 5 minute job to take this all apart.

Cheers,
                Darren
                Thanks everyone, Problem solved- 2 broken wires and one dodgy wire all replaced today, you were right they had snapped by the door and door post- the central locking now works with the door switch and the drivers door key barrel.

Comment

Working...
                X