LED dash kits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED dash kits.

I know this has kinda been touched already on a few other threads but i was looking at these on the old fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HI-LUX-SURF-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

I was interested in the red LED kit.

Has anyone out there got any picys of thier dash after fitting LEDs, i have read that sometimes they are not too bright or that the LEDs dont diffuse the light enough. If this is true how bad is it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Originally posted by Dave_bax
    I know this has kinda been touched already on a few other threads but i was looking at these on the old fleabay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HI-LUX-SURF-BL...QQcmdZViewItem

I was interested in the red LED kit.

Has anyone out there got any picys of thier dash after fitting LEDs, i have read that sometimes they are not too bright or that the LEDs dont diffuse the light enough. If this is true how bad is it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi Mate, Looked at those originally but as you say its been reported that there not very bright, Check back through the posts and you'll find
    reference to a white dial and indiglow kit which at $90 (£60) was too much
    for me at present, Got some 'loose' leds from here-www,phenoptix,com or
    email him at brgray@phenoptix.com, As you see from the pic i've gone a
    bit over the top as i'm putting several colours in but if you only want one
    colour it'll be a lot easier and a fraction of the cost of that ebay kit,
    I am fitting 3 of each colour behind the Tacho & speedo and 2 each for
    each gauge, So for one colour you'll need 14 leds, That should light em up
    pretty good, Waiting for resistors so no pics of em on yet, Good luck
    Ian,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Blimey Ian looks a bit on the scarey side .

So if i have got you right, what you are doing is re-designing your lighting on the dash, by adding new LED's on a new; loom if you like!

Is it possible to get 12v LED's that fit into the original bulb holders for the lazy folk like me so i can just strip the facia wap the bulbs in and BINGO. I couldn't see any direct replacements on the phenoptix web site or thier ebay page.

I would also want to do the air flow switches on the heater etc. Which would bring me to the next question as to what sizes are required.

Cheers.

Comment

Blimey Ian looks a bit on the scarey side .

So if i have got you right, what you are doing is re-designing your lighting on the dash, by adding new LED's on a new; loom if you like!

Is it possible to get 12v LED's that fit into the original bulb holders for the lazy folk like me so i can just strip the facia wap the bulbs in and BINGO. I couldn't see any direct replacements on the phenoptix web site or thier ebay page.

I would also want to do the air flow switches on the heater etc. Which would bring me to the next question as to what sizes are required.

Cheers.
        http://carled.gidig.co.uk/shop/home/1.html, Hi Dave, This may be the one for you then, clip in replacement's You'll have to check with them about
        size etc, The heater is a bit of a pain, I've got mine out at the moment so
        its easy to get at the bulbs, You realy need to remove the heater controlls
        as it's near imposible to get at em with it in, There are two small bulb
        holders in the back and im not sure you could get replacements in leds for em,
        Try a search on here as i seem to remember someone posted where to get
        new bulbs from, As soon as these bl00dy resistors turn up i can get on with
        it and will post some pics and a description of what i've done, As long as your in no rush to replace yours, Regards Ian
        PS, If you just need ordinary heater bulbs you can have the one that worked
        that was in mine, (other ones blown),
        Last edited by POPEYE; 15 January 2006, 17:30.

Comment

Hello!
          You'll need three of these.....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/501-Convex-LED...QQcmdZViewItem

and two of these.....http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-DASH-BULBS...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Cheers Bushwacker, is this for the whole dash, including air vent control switches or just the actual speedo / gauge area.

If the air vent control switches are not included in your quantities do i need the 3mm ones for these.

Sorry to be goin on with this guys but i feel it would be an excellent upgrade to the interior of the surf.
            Thanks for being patient.

[IAN] Look forward to seing the pics mate, i'm not in a rush as i will be fitting a mobile hands free kit (well changing from Nokia to Sony), stereo, front speakers and the bulbs all at once after i have sourced all the items.

Might as well do everthing while the dash is off Thanks.

Comment

Those are just for the gauges.

Comment

Those are just for the gauges.
                Do you know if the 3mm ones will fit the air vent switches.

Comment

Nice one Vince, As allways a star, Im hopless at this PC stuff,
                  Ok Dave! Yeah thats my thinkin Do it all in one foul swoop,
                  Of course it could be an LED too far?

Comment

hehe! like being 'LED' up the garden path!
                    or 'LED astray!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                      Nice one Vince, As allways a star, Im hopless at this PC stuff,
                      Ok Dave! Yeah thats my thinkin Do it all in one foul swoop,
                      Of course it could be an LED too far?
                      To be honest its a good excuse to get out of the house and away from the dustbin lids an the missues

Comment

Do you know if the 3mm ones will fit the air vent switches.

Not sure mate.
                        Give Morr a shout as I think he replaced his a couple of years back.

Comment

Not sure mate.
                          Give Morr a shout as I think he replaced his a couple of years back.
                          Done. Cheers.

Comment

hehe! like being 'LED' up the garden path!
                            or 'LED astray!
                            AhAh another one LED Ashtray,

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                              Hi Mate, Looked at those originally but as you say its been reported that there not very bright, Check back through the posts and you'll find
                              reference to a white dial and indiglow kit which at $90 (£60) was too much
                              for me at present, Got some 'loose' leds from here-www,phenoptix,com or
                              email him at brgray@phenoptix.com, As you see from the pic i've gone a
                              bit over the top as i'm putting several colours in but if you only want one
                              colour it'll be a lot easier and a fraction of the cost of that ebay kit,
                              I am fitting 3 of each colour behind the Tacho & speedo and 2 each for
                              each gauge, So for one colour you'll need 14 leds, That should light em up
                              pretty good, Waiting for resistors so no pics of em on yet, Good luck
                              Ian,
                              Ahem !!!

At present said gauges are on sale at $59.99

Trev
                              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
                              X