Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf stereo quizz

Hi,
    My truk came with a double decker thing that has tape/cd and Rad. Questions; the CD works sometimes and others it just whirrs, I guess this is down to a mucky lense on the laser but is it worth fixing? Tape works fine and radio has a good "hiss" on it (no twig you see) probably got snapped off on the boat.

Where can I get a new radio mast? the shop on here seems to be out of stock still.

I only want radio 2! will I need an "expander" whatever this is.

Thanx folks

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

you can get a mast from here http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=11&cid=393 and it should pick up radio 2 without a band expander
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Nice one, thanx friend.

Al.

Comment

Yank it out and stick in a U.K one....much easier and no fuss....

Comment

good input mate but problem is it looks like a lot of work to out the original. I recon its an hours work to get the lower dash in bits. Is this a good estimate?

Al

Comment

hehehe....it's about the only thing I can do on my surf.(3.0L)

I would imagine all in all now it takes me about an hour in total to replace one stereo for another. I've put a few in there since i've had it, changed the pioneer one that was in there when I bought it for a u.k cd player then changed that for a cassette head unit with multichanger and now settled on a MP3 player...

There are diagrams on here somewhere showing exactly how to dismantle the lower dash to get to the stereo unit. But to fit a single DIN unit you will need to buy a cubby box for the space underneath the unit thats left.

Comment

I'd agree. Once the CD changer goes, there's little point in keeping the thing unless you REALLY only want to listen to Wogan & co. You can only use another one of the same make and model to replace it. And a shopping trip to Halfords etc is a little less expensive than one to Japan!

I had a local radio shop replace mine with a fold out screen jobbie and as 30surfer says a cubby unit for me sweets!

Took him about an two hours (there's a lot of wires behind there you know!)

Good luck
              Mac The Wac

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
                good input mate but problem is it looks like a lot of work to out the original. I recon its an hours work to get the lower dash in bits. Is this a good estimate?

Al
                Sorry NO, the lower dash comes of in around 15mins. Trust me its really easy
                3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
                  Sorry NO, the lower dash comes of in around 15mins. Trust me its really easy
                  i took my compleat lower dash out in 10mins then spent 5 hour's redoing the wire's cos the tw*t that owned my baby before me thought he was a sparky!!

Comment

Originally posted by mupp1t
                    i took my compleat lower dash out in 10mins then spent 5 hour's redoing the wire's cos the tw*t that owned my baby before me thought he was a sparky!!
                    Thats real bad

you need a 10mm socket on an extenstion and a posi drive.
                    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Working...
                    X