Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room in DIN Slot for LCD Screen?

Hi folks,

We are going to change the radio in our Surf for a Radio/CD player as the original Jap home market model which doesn't cover the entire UK FM band is still fitted.

So I was thinking of getting one of these units with an LCD screen that slides out but I wanted to hear from anyone with one fitted to ask which model they have to make sure the screen properly deploys and doesn't get caught by the dash above etc.

Ta,

Still Grinning.

Also make sure the screen dosen't hit the gear lever too!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Also make sure the screen doesn't hit the gear lever too!

Yeah i looked into this when replacing my radio.. didn't do it in the end but did discover that I wouldn't have been able to have a "flip down one" because couldn't get gear into park with it out.. Flip up one was very close but possible... Wouldn't have been able to use cup holder at the same time and did block the heater switches..

In the end opted for a CD player and separate DVD system with 3 screens, 2 in rear and 1 passenger front.. I am 1 day also gonna wire a laptop to them to play MP3's etc (gotta convince the Mrs of that one yet though

(Even spell checked your comments then vince!)

Joe
      Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

No flies on me pal!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Also make sure the screen dosen't hit the gear lever too!

?????????????????????????????
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

nothing wrong with that, depends on what accent you have!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
              ?????????????????????????????
              didn't you kno dislexyia...dixylecseea....dic kslexia....the abbillity to spel inncorrectlly is a sine of souperior intelegense

MUST get a knew smell chucker
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

I have one in my beast but mine is also a touch screen for a computer and unfortunately it ends up sticking out a little bit even when folded away.
                The problem generally comes with most of the units being imported to the uk and they are a very very tight fit. In the end I had to take about 1.5mm off all the way round the frame to get the monitor and the stereo into the dash.

I also did the dvd player and tv in chunkymonkeys surf and again it was a very close fit and the dash takes a lot of squeezing to get it in!!!!

Good luck

Comment

i got a pioneer fitted and it works fine in either slot it does cover the heater controls in the top one though but not realy a problem
                  Attached Files
                  I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse
                    Hi folks,

We are going to change the radio in our Surf for a Radio/CD player as the original Jap home market model which doesn't cover the entire UK FM band is still fitted.

So I was thinking of getting one of these units with an LCD screen that slides out but I wanted to hear from anyone with one fitted to ask which model they have to make sure the screen properly deploys and doesn't get caught by the dash above etc.

Ta,

Still Grinning.
                    Foolishly i purchased 2 months ago from ebay a lcd tv (1din) and a cd/dvd player(1 din) they were a pig to fit but i did it an dit worked a treat....until today. The screen normally came out and went in no problem but today it would not go in or turn off! It was dark outside so there was no chance of removing the dash, instead i tried to have a fiddle and busted the motor for the screen. I then resorted to ripping out the screen unit and putting a screwdriver through the screeen. my advice is to buy a decent make with more than a 30 day guarantee. and stay away for the **** on ebay.
                    Kite Surf

Comment

Working...
                    X